Annual Fund Director
Coe CollegeCedar Rapids, IA
The Coe College Office of Advancement is seeking a highly motivated, organized self-starter for the position of Annual Fund Director. This position is responsible for implementation of all phases of the College’s annual giving program, overseeing telemarketing, e-philanthropy and direct mail solicitation programs while working with volunteers to enhance other fundraising initiatives at the College. The Director will also manage a portfolio of donor prospects and will set and fulfill fundraising goals. Excellent verbal and written skills, creativity, a demonstrated capacity to perform and incorporate data analysis, a high energy level, and a commitment to the mission of the College are prerequisites for this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Direct all e-mail and direct mail solicitation efforts, including Phonathon and Crowdfunding. Work closely with Athletic Director to coordinate fundraising efforts for athletics.
- Develop solicitation schedule and segmentation strategies and utilize multiple platforms to maximize impact and return on investment.
- Generate new and creative strategies for solicitation content, including using analysis of donor behavior, writing content, and designing appeals.
- Regularly analyze giving history and patterns as well as current Development trends to assist in developing solicitation strategies.
- Oversee on-campus Advancement programs and efforts, including Senior Class Gift Campaign, Senior Dinner, Student Alumni Association Philanthropy Committee, Faculty/Staff Giving.
- Supervise Phonathon efforts, setting goals and measuring results.
- Interact with and prepare reports for Alumni Council, President’s Advisory Council and Board of Trustees.
- Work closely with Advancement Services Director to develop program to consistently and in a timely manner thank donors and provide information on how their gift impacts Coe.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires working evenings and occasional weekend hours.
- Prior experience in a fundraising, sales or marketing or similar environment requiring solicitation of multiple audiences with segment specific messages preferred.
- Successful completion of a background and driver check in accordance with Coe College policy.
Knowledge, Skills, & Competencies:
- Highly motivated self-starter who must be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with all ages and demographics
- Demonstrate traits of good judgment, confidentiality, and discretion in communicating with colleagues and constituents.
- Ability to understand, interpret and analyze statistics and data.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Dedication to the educational mission of a private, residential liberal arts college.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships in a collaborative and diverse team atmosphere.
- Commitment to excellent customer and/or student service.
- Demonstrated ethical and responsible decision making.
- Consistent attendance and accountability necessary to meet position objectives.
Coe is committed to fostering a multicultural environment and encourages applications from individuals who will help fulfill that goal. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and diverse perspectives and aim to create an academic community that is rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Coe College is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.coe.edu.
- Next s