Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Reunion Giving
Adelphi UniversityGarden City, NY
The Associate Director is responsible for strengthening the Adelphi alumni network of 118,000+ Panthers by planning and implementing engagement opportunities which support University priorities and initiatives and cultivating a culture of philanthropy.
The Associate Director will be responsible for identifying, recruiting and stewarding Panther volunteers through a variety of established and new Adelphi programs as well as working closely with the Adelphi Fund team to increase individual giving through a robust, reunion giving program.
The Associate Director will actively participate in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the alumni and volunteer relations program that not only aligns with Momentum, the University’s strategic plan, but also meets the following goals:
- Giving: Create a successful tradition of reunion giving
- Collaboration: Identify volunteer engagement opportunities for alumni, donors, and other Panthers to support University priorities and initiatives
- Connection: Manage regional chapters designed to promote lifelong connections to the University
Reports to: Executive Director of Alumni Engagement & Adelphi Fund
Responsibilities & Duties:
Giving: Create a successful tradition of reunion giving
- Develop a strong reunion giving program including a comprehensive communications plan and solicitation schedule.
- Set class fundraising and participation goals, and implement plan for achieving goals.
- Identify, recruit, train, and motivate reunion chairs and/or committee members. Staff and attend committee meetings.
- Solicit leadership level gifts or higher ($1,000+) from alumni on the occasion of their milestone reunions.
- Conduct approximately 75 personal visits annually for recruitment, volunteer management, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship purposes.
- Aid in the development of a pipeline of annual, leadership, major, and planned gift prospects for Adelphi.
- Explore peer to peer fundraising technology for reunion giving and other crowdfunding campaigns.
- Plan reunion gatherings during Adelphi Spirit Weekend and other campus events.
Collaboration: Identify volunteer engagement opportunities for Panthers
- Create and implement a Volunteer Engagement strategy to maintain relationships between volunteers and Adelphi.
- Develop and manage relationships with campus departments to identify, promote, and execute new and existing volunteer opportunities across the University.
- Develop and cultivate new and existing relationships with alumni and friends through one-on-one visits and meetings to identify and recruit potential volunteers.
- Maintain frequent contact with volunteers through visits, correspondence, and telephone.
- Distribute a volunteer newsletter to keep Panthers engaged and informed.
- Assist Executive Director with the recruitment and management of the Alumni Advisory Council and other senior volunteer groups, as necessary.
- With Advancement Services, develop a tracking tool to report progress of volunteer relations program and efforts.
- Work to achieve attendance objectives, recruit effective volunteers, and contribute to the overall success of Adelphi Spirit Weekend, Women’s Leadership Conference and other signature events.
- With the Center for Career and Professional Development, manage and promote AlumniFire, the University’s exclusive online networking portal.
- Generate consistent content for AlumniFire volunteers including professional development opportunities, links to related news and relevant articles.
Connection: Manage regional and international chapters designed to promote lifelong connections to the University
- Develop, support, and strengthen regional and international chapters that focus on maintaining lifelong connections to Adelphi University and enhancing Adelphi’s brand.
- Serve as the lead staff liaison to chapter leaders by assisting them with chapter formation, event planning, outreach, communication, and execution of programming.
- Grow University engagement through national alumni event participation including the President’s tour.
- Manage budgets for chapter activity and work with external vendors as needed.
- Support divisional programs and initiatives including President’s Gala, Golf Classic, and Giving Day.
- Report, track and forecast results from all activities. Provide regular reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual results.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Requirements (Knowedge, Skills and Abilities):
- Proven record of success in personal solicitation of philanthropic gifts and volunteer management.
- Ability to work well with and make the best and most effective use of volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including proficiency in e-communications.
- Ability to speak effectively and persuasively at events and/or to make presentations to individuals and both small and large groups.
- Understanding and appreciation of the prospect cycle: identification, engagement, cultivation, involvement, solicitation, stewardship.
- Ability to work independently. At the same time, ability to work effectively on teams with both internal partners and external volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and to creatively solve problems.
- Experience in event planning within defined budgetary and programmatic guidelines.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission, vision, and programs of Adelphi University.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Night and weekend work will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Three-to-five years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising, volunteer management, or a similar field required.
- Experience working with volunteers required.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (preferred) or similar CRM required.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Moves Management™ preferred.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students’ lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island’s oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master’s degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.