Event and Communications Manager
Annual Giving NetworkBoston, MA
Reporting to AGN’s Principal & Founder, the Event & Communications Manager oversees various activities related to the production and marketing of AGN’s online and in-person training events and content. Responsibilities may vary but primarily include:
- Overseeing project schedules and logistics for AGN’s workshops, webinars, and other online and in-person events, ensuring that event-related tasks are completed accurately and on-time
- Managing activities associated with event execution, including overseeing registration, supporting marketing efforts, communicating with registrants and faculty prior to the event, preparing event briefing materials and collateral, and sending post-event communications
- Providing live-event production and post-event support for online and in-person events
- Assisting in the creation, design, and execution of email marketing campaigns to promote AGN events and content
- Working with team to produce daily content for social media channels with the goal of growing engagement and company presence
- Assisting with writing, editing, and proofreading copy for marketing collateral, research projects, event materials, website, and other types of content
- Managing ongoing relationships with event contractors, vendors, and partners
- Monitoring, responding to, and/or escalating customer and member inquiries; handling special requests and aiding with order fulfillment as needed
- Coordinating special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned
This is a full-time position based in the Greater Boston area. Business hours are 8:30 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday. Part-time and flexible schedule arrangements may be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience in event management and/or marketing, with preference given to those with experience in educational advancement.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented with strong writing and communication skills, a sense of humor, and a willingness to be flexible and patient in the context of a small and growing business.
- Proficiency in G-Suite and MS Office business applications required, as well as Salesforce or comparable customer database.
- Must be able to travel occasionally and work evenings and weekends as needed.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to Annual Giving Network to the attention of Anne Murphy at [email protected]. This position will remain open until filled. Review of applicants will begin immediately.
AGN provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. In addition to federal law requirements, AGN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. AGN expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AGN’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.