Assistant Athletics Director for Development
Appalachian State UniversityBoone, NC
Description of University
Appalachian State University, in North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains, prepares students to lead purposeful lives as global citizens who understand and engage their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The transformational Appalachian experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and embrace diversity and difference. As one of 17 campuses in the University of North Carolina system, Appalachian enrolls about 20,000 students, has a low student-to-faculty ratio and offers more than 150 undergraduate and graduate majors.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three to five years of experience in fundraising or closely related/comparable field
- Defined success in sales, philanthropic fundraising, and project management
- Available to manage 50% travel, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, when needed
- Master’s Degree
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising and philanthropic efforts to include:
- Reach defined fundraising goals in dollars and members as set by senior level administration
- Solicitation of constituents for major gifts and benefit fulfillment to active donors and prospects
- Work off assigned prospect list to evaluate, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors
- Use data and prospecting tools to find new constituents interested in Appalachian State Athletics
- Add Value to overarching athletic development unit to successfully reach and grow financial and membership goals on an annual basis
- Game day responsibilities and coordination
- Donor/Prospect management reports
- Athletic Development strategic planning support
- Cultivate leadership donors/prospects and solicit their support
- Work with head coaches to ensure annual fundraising initiatives are successful
Type of Position: Full-Time Position
Varies, nights and weekends
Number of Hours Per Week: 40+
Number of Months Per Year: 12
Suggested Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Evaluation of Applications Begins: 06/01/2021
Proposed Date of Hire: 06/30/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please attach required documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of References and contact information
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Diversity and Inclusion at Appalachian
We at Appalachian State University are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence both locally and globally.
We understand that the successful implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence is the responsibility of the entire university community, including alumni and official university governing bodies. A diverse campus community supports an influx of broad and distinct ideas that increase learning opportunities and strengthen the impact of our community as we work collectively to achieve a just experience for all.
We actively encourage, support, and promote a global mindset and an equitable environment where all will know that they belong and are safe to express their culture, identity, values, ideas, opinions, and creativity. We are committed to creating a culture of equity opportunity for all, one that has an expectation of fairness, justice, and equity-minded practice at all levels of the university community.
Background Check Statement
Any offer of employment to a successful candidate will be conditioned upon the University’s receipt of a satisfactory criminal background report.
Eligibility for Employment
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
To apply for this job please visit appstate.peopleadmin.com.