Assistant Director of Development – Major Gifts
Appalachian State UniversityBoone, NC
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in related fields such as business administration, public relations, marketing, or communications
- One to three years of professional development and/or fundraising experience
- Experience with any combination of Banner, NeuLion, Excel, and dashboard formats is highly desirable
- Experience in event logistics
- Excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be proactive with self-motivation to start and complete tasks on deadline
- Possess high levels of accuracy and ability to manage multiple tasks successfully
- Capability to develop and maintain effective relationships by listening, understanding, and responding to client/customer needs
- Must have high levels of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to respond to challenges and problem solve
- Proficiency in using database systems and ability to develop procedures and apply new technologies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The position is responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of events and operations for donors on Football and Basketball game days (i.e. Yosef Club Members, club seat patrons, suite guests, etc.).
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the Director of Annual Giving for Athletics in the growth and development of relationships within regional chapter areas to increase fundraising efforts for the annual fund and major gifts.
- Assist with database management of major gift prospects and annual fund (Yosef Club) donors.
- Support the Senior Associate AD for Development in documenting all contact and stewardship reports for University Advancement and other associated responsibilities.
- Support the Director of Annual Giving in Donor/Operation/Football parking assignments for the Athletic Department on game days. In addition, the position will assist in the collaborative efforts and projects between the Athletic Ticket office and other areas of the Athletic Department.
- Assists in planning and attends most special events which may occur in the evenings or on weekends that promote the Athletic Department and fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with the Alumni Affairs staff, the Appalachian State University Foundation, Inc. and University Advancement.
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit appstate.peopleadmin.com.