Asian Youth CenterSan Gabriel, CA
The Asian Youth Center (AYC) seeks an adaptable, articulate, and highly-motivated professional who can lead a team to successfully hit revenue goals with multiple development and fundraising functions such as individual and major giving, direct mail, annual giving, online fundraising, special events, grants and planned giving. The Development Director is senior members of the organization leadership team and provides support and assistance to the Executive Director for the agency as a whole.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The key objectives for this position are to:
- Leverage AYC’s programs and communications to secure gifts and/or grants from individuals, organizations, corporations, foundations, and government entities;
- Grow and sustain AYC’s revenue
- Supervise the Development Associate, Development Coordinator, Development Manager, Grant Writer and other development staff and manager teams of staff and volunteers to assist with development projects;
- Develop and sustain best practices to maintain the development program infrastructure that includes a donor tracking database, donor communications, and evaluation and reporting
Some of the anticipated position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Donor and Fundraising Development
- Identify and cultivate potential donors for specific initiatives, including designing and implementing strategies for building a major gifts contact list;
- Facilitate the development of relationships with donors through presentations, personal meetings, regular communications, or arranging for meetings with AYC’s Executive Director, Board Members, and/or programmatic staff;
- Attend community events and meetings (may include evenings and weekends) to represent AYC (may include public speaking and presentations);
- Research funding sources and trends and analyze with foresight, to help position AYC ahead of major funding changes or trends;
- Provide support to the Executive Director for all major fundraising initiatives;
Systems and Infrastructure
- Create and implement an annual fundraising calendar of goals, objective, and activities;
- Manage the maintenance of donor records, contact lists, and ensure the accuracy and efficacy of the donor database;
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis and other reports to board and senior leaders and donors as requested;
- Lead and manage the production of special letters, gift acknowledgments, and other communications with individual and corporate donors;
- Oversee the handling of donor receipts (in conjunction with the AYC Fiscal Office);
- Track and analyze donations; Identify actions needed to reach annual fundraising goals; and
- Lead staff and board teams to plan and implement the annual Anniversary Celebration & Awards Dinner Fundraising Gala, the Board Installation Dinner, and the Rubber Ducky Carnival; and
- Organize various other events (public and invitation only) to help promote AYC as appropriate;
- Manage or oversee logistics for each event, including but not limited to vendors, registration, program agenda and script, VIPs, staff, and volunteer;
Marketing and Public Relations
- Provide oversight for the overall marketing and promotional functions (print, web, and social media) as well as public relations, to construct and market an appropriate image, develop ties with the community, and achieve membership/participation goals;
- Draft and publish press releases and coordinate press conferences;
- Manage online content and track metrics for the monthly e-newsletter, website, and services including Face book, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, AYC Google page, and Yelp;
- Oversee the design and production of annual report, brochures, program flyers, and other marketing and public relations materials; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Executive
- Directly supervises 1-5 employees within the development
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in English, Communications, Business Administration or related field from four-year college or university, or one to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- At least J years ot related workmg expenence with non-profit ti.mdraising and deveiopment;
- Ability to work on multiple projects, prioritize and problem solve;
- Ability to supervise staff and lead teams;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail in documentation;
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required: Adult, Child, and Infant CPR/AED & First Aid Certification; valid California driver’s license, excellent driving record, reliable transportation and auto insurance; and
- Computer skills required: Development Software; Microsoft Office; and Google email and calendar.
- Bilingual in Mandarin or Cantonese.
- Computer skills preferred: Adobe Photoshop and In Design;
- Event Coordination Experience preferred; and
- Knowledgeable about donor communities and philanthropy in the Los Angeles
- Cultural Competence – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new
- Job Knowledge – Displays required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions ; Follows through on
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidel ines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Sales Skills – Achieves sales goals; Overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence; Initiates new contracts; Maintains customer satisfaction; Maintains records and promptly submits information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written
Please send a cover letter and resume along with 3 references to [email protected]org
To apply for this job please visit www.asianyouthcenter.org.