Associate Director, Annual Giving – Tepper School of Business
Carnegie Mellon UniversityPittsburgh, PA
Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business is among the world’s best business schools consistently placing among the top-ranked schools for both undergraduate and graduate programs. Our mission at Tepper is to improve the leadership and problem-solving capabilities of individuals so as to improve their value to organizations and society at large. We strive for excellence in the creation and dissemination of knowledge that is evident in scientific principles and interdisciplinary collaboration, and our focus toward improving the practice and profession of management.
The Tepper School of Business is searching for an Associate Director of Annual Giving. This is a dynamic opportunity for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment. You will contribute to the department by providing essential support by being responsible for Reunion Giving and Graduating Class Gift programs. This includes setting overall strategy, solicitation management, volunteer identification and training, goal setting, philanthropy education, and oversight of all class giving committees. This position will also manage and develop a prospect pool with the goal of securing philanthropic support for the Tepper School of Business.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Work with management team and gift officers to develop and implement a comprehensive reporting, communication, and solicitation plan for Reunion Giving and Class Gift programs.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Reunion Giving and Class Gift volunteers. Manage and coordinate all assigned committee meetings and materials. Actively seek most promising candidates for these volunteer roles and provide appropriate recognition. Keep them engaged in university activities with the goal to increase annual giving and volunteer support for the fundraising plan.
- Track and report progress on implementation plan; may make changes to the plan based on analysis. Prepare fundraising reports and communications for volunteers and management.
- Develop a caseload of active prospects. Plan and carry out strategies for solicitation of these prospects. Educate prospects about the importance of giving and expendable support.
- Track progress against goals and makes recommendations to change tactics or resources assigned to various phases of the fundraising plan.
- Keep current on programs and faculty, research and student initiatives at the university. Network with faculty, deans and other colleagues when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the Tepper School of Business. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
Bachelor’s Degree Required
3-5 years relevant work experience required; annual giving and/or development experience preferred
You should demonstrate:
Proven analytical, communication and problem-solving skills; must possess strong persuasive writing skills; ability to interact effectively with campus community and external constituents; ability to multi-task, prioritize work for self and volunteers and conduct solicitations; proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Broad knowledge of the principles of fundraising; ability to see and understand the objectives of annual giving and the University Advancement division, and to integrate goals with those objectives; ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and alter strategic advancement plans; ability to articulate the case for support so that individuals “buy into” the vision/mission/goals of Carnegie Mellon and understand with sufficient effectiveness to secure gifts and pledges; interest in all aspects of education and a dedication to promoting the university’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent working relationships with university constituencies; excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
Successful Background Check
Driver’s License – Department of Motor Vehicles
To apply for this job please visit cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.