Annual Giving Partnership Manager
Arizona State University FoundationTempe, AZ
The annual giving partnership manager will be a key member of the ASU Foundation Annual Giving team. This team’s mission is to deliver a comprehensive and integrated constituent engagement lifecycle experience with the goal of expanding philanthropic support and building a robust long-term pipeline through acquisition, retention, and reactivation of donors. The partnership manager will craft and execute relationship-based, donor-centric outreach campaigns in collaboration with ASU unit partners. This role will manage the relationship for a unit portfolio and execute unit-specific, relevant, and donor centric solicitation strategies. Led by data and donor insights, unit-specific plans will align donor segments and implement a multi-pronged solicitation plan to achieve and optimize, donor retention, reactivation and acquisition strategies. This position will report directly to Assistant Director, Annual Giving Partnerships.
What you’ll do:
- Build and foster 4-6 reciprocal cross-functional partnerships with key unit development and communication leads
- Partner with members of the Annual Giving team to execute an engaging multi-channel activation calendar
- Contribute to the monthly campaign share out process and quarterly leaders roundtable meetings
- Architect and execute campaign unit-specific strategies to grow support from existing donors and attract new donors for key areas of responsibility and unit partners
- Analyze donor data, defining actionable segments and creating targeted lifetime value/donor life-cycle engagement campaigns and programs for key areas of responsibility and unit partners
- Assist in execution of partner campaigns within the strategy & partnership team
- Manage a consolidated unit outreach calendar and share broadly with ASU stakeholders
- Execute a test and measurement approach to constantly test, refine and scale campaigns
- Generate analytical findings in partnership with the Insights team to improve ongoing and future strategies
What you’ll need:
- Deep understanding of donor engagement technologies and strategies including, but not limited to direct to donor texting and phone-based channels
- Collaborative style combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Willingness to exhibit and continuously develop leadership skills
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to the ASU Foundation, its affiliates, and university business and confidential prospect information
- Adept at navigating and managing existing and emerging technology solutions
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced and evolving work environment
- Advocate’s belief in the vision and mission of the annual giving office, ASU Foundation, and ASU Enterprise Partners
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – including Outlook
- Advanced Internet skills
- Hands on experience work with CRM, Salesforce experience a plus
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years successful development, fundraising, and/or loyalty marketing experience, OR any equivalent combinations of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Clarity of focus while juggling complex projects or deadlines.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. May be required to perform tasks in the field within and/or across University campuses. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions. This position may require some early mornings and evenings to accommodate meetings and events. This position currently requires you to work from the office Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays with Monday and Friday optional remote days.
ASU Enterprise Partners and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer that is firmly committed to promoting justice, equity, diversity and inclusion within our organization and throughout our sphere of influence. Because we embrace a spirit of innovation and achievement, we will endeavor to maximize the talent and potential of all employees, directors, and volunteers through bold and strategic action aimed at building success and a sense of belonging. All employees are expected to act in good faith to support these actions and to not impede the efforts of others to build a just, equitable, diverse and inclusive organization.
To apply for this job please visit asuep.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.