Assistant Director, Annual Giving
Augusta UniversityAugusta, GA
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Business, Public Administration, Sales or Public Relation fundraising or related field with a minimum of three years of applicable experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- A high energy level, integrity and sincerity
- Requires adaptability, good judgement and initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Detail-oriented with strong multi-tasking, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, think creatively and handle a heavy workload
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends and conduct multi-day business trips
- Knowledge of standard event management tasks and resources and experience with databases (especially Raiser’s Edge) and internet searches
- Ability to work effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds, including healthcare professionals, community leaders, as well as, patients, families, volunteers and employees
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Annual Giving; Experience writing and designing solicitation pieces is preferred; Experience with special event coordination, direct mail production, WordPress and Adobe Acrobat Pro; Demonstrated success in recruiting, leading and motivating volunteer teams of varying ages and experiences; Previous professional experience in a higher education, academic medical center or non-profit organization
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving will support the growth of annual giving fundraising initiatives by developing, implementing and maintaining annual giving programs that cultivate, solicit and steward gifts from alumni, friends, faculty, staff, parents, students and community members. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving will be responsible for: all annual giving direct mail efforts and the development and implementation of student, parent and reunion annual giving programs.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create, implement and effectively lead and manage a robust, inspired and creative direct mail program that reflects best practices. Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of the program and make adjustments that result in increased ROIs.
- Working collaboratively with Alumni Affairs, create, lead and manage an effective reunion giving program that results in increased engagement and giving by our alumni.
- Works as a key member of the annual giving team, assisting with events, campaigns and initiatives, such as phonathon, to meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Create, lead and manage a robust student and parent giving program that fosters a culture of philanthropy and increases annual giving results.
- Develop and produce detailed program plans, communications strategies, briefings, reports and more that provide meaningful information to assist leadership in making data-driven decisions related to Annual Giving.
- Work closely with other team members in Annual Giving to ensure an effective multi-channel fundraising approach.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Salary: $60,058/Annually – $72,860. /Annually. Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. “Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success.”
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu.
- Next s