Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving
Baylor UniversityWaco, TX
What We’re Looking For
Baylor University’s Advancement team is seeking an Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving. This position reports to the Director of Leadership Annual Giving and will work closely with mid-level donors, departmental leadership, and collaborate with departments across campus to implement strategic goals. This position is customer and solutions focused with fundraising responsibilities. Additionally, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Must have a current driver’s license and a good driving record
- Please note that this position requires travel.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant work experience is required. A Master’s degree and University fundraising experience is preferred.
What You Will Do
- Solicitation of Leadership Annual Gifts: Develop and implement strategies for the annual solicitation of donors and prospective donors of $1,000+ with an emphasis on initiatives of schools, colleges, and units, primarily through personal visits. Responsible for meeting established goals for in-person visits, phone solicitations, and recommendations of qualified prospects to the major gifts program. Manage an assigned project portfolio including participation rates, donor movement through giving levels, and donor retention, an develop strategy for visits that includes solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Stewardship: Collaborate with Alumni Engagement, Annual Giving, and Donor Relations to include LAG donors in the university’s recognition societies. Draft personalized stewardship correspondence to donors and prospects. Ensure donors receive proper recognition and documentation for gifts.
- Direct Response and Program Planning: Coordinate LAG activities with multichannel efforts such as direct mail, email, crowdfunding, and calling. Effectively coordinate with Development Officers for schools, colleges, and units regarding alignment with fundraising direction and to cultivate the interest and involvement of prospective donors. Develop materials to reinforce university priorities. Participate in the campus prospect management system, development officer forums, and Development planning meetings.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family’s well-being and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus.
To apply for this job please visit ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.