Director of Development
Beloit CollegeBeloit, WI
The Office of Development & Alumni Relations’ mission is to engage external constituents of the College, to involve them as volunteers in fulfilling its mission, and most importantly, to inspire them to invest their resources in support of the identified current objectives and future dreams. The role of Director of Development is a key part of an integrated fundraising approach that leverages the power of annual giving, major giving, planned giving, corporate, foundation, and government funding working together.
The Director of Development is responsible for building lasting relationships and the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of 50-75 individual donor prospects with an emphasis on leadership annual giving to Beloit College (donors of $1,000 or greater). The Director reports directly to the Executive Director for Leadership Gifts and works closely with staff and volunteers to identify donor prospects and fulfill their interests in engaging with Beloit. This position coordinates fundraising approaches, develops, assists with, and presents highly competitive funding proposals, and helps ensure a high-quality stewardship process
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a dynamic personal portfolio of 50-75 qualified major gift prospects with a goal of obtaining gift commitments of $1,000 or greater.
- Maintains a face-to-face visit schedule that ensures personal contact through at least 120 conversations per year.
- Stays knowledgeable on all aspects of Beloit College including its vision, mission, history, structure, policies, financial status, etc.
- Performs qualification calls and new donor evaluation/validation reports as assigned from Director of Prospect Management.
- Recruits and enlists volunteers and volunteer leaders and reports to Alumni Office.
- Represents the Development and Alumni Relations office and the college to internal and external constituencies; serve on committees and attend events as needed. Participates in community, civic and other activities to foster support for and involvement with Beloit College.
- Documents all constituent activity in Raiser’s Edge database, as well as informing college faculty and staff of actions as needed.
- Staff major events on campus at various times a year, including Showcase, Homecoming, Reunion, training and other events as needed.
- Stays current on fundraising techniques and trends and the appropriate application of them at Beloit.
- Undertakes similarly related duties as assigned.
- Works closely with the Stewardship and Donor Relations staff and all members of the Development and Alumni Relations Office to insure a program of effective and efficient stewardship for all major gift donors.
Credentials and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience preferred.
- Progressively responsible leadership experience in institutional development or a related field.
- Demonstrated success at closing leadership gifts, meeting/exceeding development metrics.
- Experience with planned giving vehicles and solicitations is preferred.
Because equity and inclusion are central to our students’ liberal education and vital to the thriving of all members of our residential learning community, Beloit College aspires to be an actively anti-racist institution. We recognize our aspiration as ongoing and institution-wide, involving collective commitment and accountability. We welcome employees who are committed to and will actively contribute to our efforts to celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and be resolute in advancing inclusion and equity. We encourage all interested individuals meeting the criteria of the described position to apply.
Located in a diverse community close to Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago, Beloit is a selective undergraduate liberal arts college that attracts students from across the United States and the world. The college emphasizes excellence in teaching, learning beyond the traditional classroom, international perspectives, and collaborative research among students and faculty. It is recognized as one of the Colleges That Change Lives.
To apply for this job please visit www.beloit.edu.