Director, Stewardship Programs
Bentley UniversityWaltham, MA
Job Description Summary:
Reporting to the Associate VP of Advancement, the Director of Stewardship Programs is responsible for planning, establishing and managing a suite of donor recognition and stewardship programs and policies for the university’s major benefactors. The Director is accountable for the program’s success and the adherence of policies on the part of university stakeholders. This position is vital to the university’s development program and will serve a primary role in retaining and engaging our existing and growing donor base. Manage a comprehensive university-wide gift acknowledgment, stewardship, and reporting program for all gifts made to the university, including named endowment funds, other named gift opportunities and initiatives, and new and renovated facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7-10 years of experience, preferably in higher education (or a comparably complex organization), in development, stewardship, advancement, or related field.
- Demonstrated previous experience interacting with high-level donors and developing comprehensive, strategic stewardship programs.
- Proven skills and ability to manage multi-phase projects from inception to completion, including the ability to build consensus among team members and balance multiple concurrent priorities.
- This position calls for superior communication and interpersonal skills, as well as creativity, political astuteness, and tact.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and experience with computer databases and tools (Millennium preferred).
- Typical fast-paced office environment with frequent use of computer equipment.
- The Director will need to work weekends and evenings as needed to execute his/her duties, especially related to stewardship event management.
- Ability to travel on and off-campus for work-related events, travel may occur outside of normal business hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-30 pounds.
- A high level of initiative and energy is essential
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community. Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit www.Click2Apply.net.