Regional Development Associate
Brown UniversityProvidence, RI
The Regional Development Associate will provide advanced level of direct administrative support for three or more frontline major gift fundraisers and will support regional engagement efforts. This position will handle most administrative duties, which include but are not limited to, meeting/travel arrangements, gift/pledge recording accuracy, high level correspondence and briefings, proposal pipeline maintenance, filing and phone coverage, research, event support, as well as technical and logistical support to the fundraisers. This position is also responsible for most information technology tasks and functions in support of the fundraisers. This position will also work cooperatively with other development associates and fundraising staff within Brown’s Division of Advancement. This position is located in Providence, RI.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience (development, sales, customer relations and administrative), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in a higher-education, fundraising, or non-profit setting highly desirable.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, given the nature of the satellite office.
- Strong project/time management skills preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and have an ability to handle and complete multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability with computer software programs including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, FileMaker Pro databases. Use Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook is required. Knowledge of BSR Advance and Blackbaud preferred.
- Must have a degree of computer proficiency and Information Management Skills to carry out the major responsibilities of this position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Candidate must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment.
Candidates please note: all offers of employment are contingent upon a completed criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit brown.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.