Annual Giving Officer
Bryant UniversitySmithfield, RI
The Annual Giving Officer is a multi-faceted position assisting in the development and implementation of annual and leadership giving components of Bryant Fund programs including Reunion and Parent giving programs, and the Campus Campaign (faculty/staff giving).
The Annual Giving Officer (AGO) is a member of the Bryant Fund team and reports directly to the Director of the Bryant Fund. S/he works cooperatively with the Director of the Bryant Fund and other Bryant Fund team members, Senior Development Management to set annual and long-term goals and priorities for annual and leadership reunion, parent, and faculty/staff giving programs, advance and monitor the progress of these giving initiatives, and provide information required for department-wide trend analysis and reporting.
- Under the direction of the Director of the Bryant Fund, manage annual and leadership giving components of the Bryant Reunion giving campaign including a comprehensive direct marketing campaign, and the recruitment and management of both alumni and staff volunteers in support of the Reunion giving program.
- Manage annual and leadership giving components of the Bryant Parents Fund and Bryant Parents giving program including a comprehensive direct marketing campaign in support of parent giving.
- Manage a portfolio of leadership alumni and parent prospects to secure discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship visits to secure leadership level ($1,000+) gifts in support of Reunion and Parent giving initiatives. Work with the Director of the Bryant Fund to set and meet annual goals for prospect visits and dollars to be raised from each constituent group. Provide regular reports of all activities through designated reporting methods and inputting information in the Development database.
- Staff, participate in, and/or provide logistical support for Bryant Fund, Alumni, Reunion, Parent and other cultivation/stewardship events to encourage giving and that afford contact with prospects, suspects, and volunteers.
- Utilize various social media channels to inform donors and potential donors about the Reunion, Parent and faculty/staff giving programs and specific initiatives. Maintain a social media calendar that will be integrated with a Direct Mail, e-mail, and Parent event calendar to ensure consistency in messaging.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
The position requires an undergraduate degree with at least 3-5 years of demonstrated fundraising or equivalent experience preferably in a higher education setting. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are highly developed organizational skills. Experience in recruiting, managing, and stewarding volunteers is required. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with donors and members of the Bryant community are essential. Online fundraising & social networking experience preferred. Individual must have a willingness to work outside of normal business hours and to assume other responsibilities as assigned. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and SCT Banner experience are a plus.
To apply for this job please visit employment.bryant.edu.
- Next s