Assistant Director of the Bryant Fund
Bryant UniversitySmithfield, RI
- The Assistant Director of the Bryant Fund reports directly to the Bryant Fund Director. S/he collaborates with the Director of the Bryant Fund and Senior Development Management to set annual and long-term goals and priorities, advance and monitor the progress of initiatives, and provide the information required for department-wide trend analysis and reporting Bryant Fund programs. The Assistant Director also works cooperatively with Advancement Services, Alumni and Parent Engagement, University Relations, and outside vendors and consultants that provide services and materials in support of giving programs and initiatives at the University.
- Strategic Planning/ Integrated Marketing Program Development: Working collaboratively with the Director of the Bryant Fund and other Division partners, the Assistant Director helps develop comprehensive marketing, solicitation, and stewardship annual plans for all targeted constituencies. S/he works with annual giving staff, internal and external writers, designers, and other vendors/consultants to create marketing materials for all communications channels, including direct mail, email, social media, crowdfunding, Telefund and websites. The Assistant Director has primary project management responsibility for direct mail, email, crowdfunding, and social media, supporting Telefund and website maintenance.
- Direct Mail, Email & Social Media Production: The Assistant Director of Bryant Fund works cooperatively with the Director of the Bryant Fund, Senior Development Management, Advancement Services, University Relations, and outside vendors to oversee the production of direct mail, email, and social media communications. The Assistant Director maintains the Bryant Fund’s social media presence through regular updates and outreach to constituents, in conjunction with the Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement and University Relations. S/he prepares written requests for data from the Advancement Services department as needed.
- Collaborate and Lead Development Colleagues: The Assistant Director will work closely with the Director of the Bryant Fund, Director of Athletic Development, Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement, prospect managers, and other members of the Development and Advancement teams to coordinate and project lead the Bryant Giving Day event, our strategic 24 hour fundraising initiative, with an annual planning and execution project timeline.
- Volunteer Recruitment and Management: The Assistant Director of the Bryant Fund will provide leadership in the recruitment and management of Bryant Fund volunteers. S/he will supervise assigned staff in support of volunteers for programs including, but not limited to Bryant Giving Day and Campus Campaign.
- Management of Campus Campaign and the Parents Fund: The Assistant Director of the Bryant Fund executes coordinated fundraising programs to raise funds from these critical constituencies. S/he recruits, trains, and manages volunteers within these programs, developing materials, reports and addressing needs as they arise. S/he also supports the Development Specialist in the planning and execution of the Senior Class Gift Campaign.
- Telefund Program and Production: The Assistant Director of Bryant Fund supports the Telefund program as needed. Responsibilities may include staff coverage during Telefund calling, report generation, and follow-up with constituents, among other duties.
- Support of the President’s Cup Golf Tournament: The Assistant Director works with the Director of Bryant Fund, Senior Development Management, and University Advancement in support of this annual event and assists with the solicitation of sponsorship support for these programs.
- Participation in Cultivation Events: The Assistant Director of Bryant Fund is available to staff any cultivation and/or stewardship events deemed appropriate.
- Work in close collaboration with the Bryant Fund and Senior Development Management Director to create and implement a comprehensive, practical, and innovative strategic plan to meet ambitious annual fundraising and participation goals. Priority goals include increasing undergraduate alumni participation and increasing unrestricted giving and total program giving.
- Provide project leadership in the management of Bryant Giving Day, our signature global fundraising event.
- Work with the Bryant Fund Director to develop detailed production schedules for all assigned Bryant Fund programs, develop solicitation materials, and oversee these materials’ production by internal staff members and outside vendors.
- Maintain individual responsibility in increasing participation and young alumni leadership giving among our Graduates of the Last Decade constituents.
- Staff or participate in any cultivation or solicitation events deemed appropriate. Perform related duties as assigned.
- Specific requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
- The position requires an undergraduate degree with at least 3-5 years of demonstrated fundraising experience in an annual giving fundraising program, preferably in a higher education setting.
- The Bryant Fund’s Assistant Director must be a strong writer and editor, have a thorough understanding of direct mail solicitation methods and practices, digital marketing, social media communication, stewardship principles, telemarketing, and volunteer management.
- S/he must have strong organizational skills and implement and execute projects to ensure that they are on task and within the assigned budget.
- S/he develops detailed production schedules and works collaboratively with colleagues that are assigned project responsibilities and functions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with donors and members of the Bryant community are essential.
- Individuals must have a willingness to work outside of regular business hours and to assume other responsibilities as assigned. Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, and SCT Banner experience is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit employment.bryant.edu.