Bryant UniversitySmithfield, RI
This position will support the execution of the overall Bryant Fund fundraising strategy by implementing the student Telefund program, coordinating the Campus Campaign for faculty and staff, and managing the Senior Class Gift Campaign. S/he will also directly support the execution of direct mail, e-mail, social media, and crowdfunding solicitations. The Development Specialist will coordinate fundraising programs to raise funds from critical constituencies, including; alumni, parents, staff, faculty, students, and friends of the University.
Nature and Scope: The Development Specialist reports to the Director of the Bryant Fund and collaborates with the Director and the Bryant Fund team to set annual solicitation and program strategies, program goals, and priorities. S/he will monitor and regularly report progress towards these goals. S/he works cooperatively with Advancement Services members and selected outside vendors and consultants that provide services and materials supporting Telefund and annual giving programs at the University. The Development Specialist will also support Annual Giving programs as may be required.
Annual Giving Solicitation Production: The Development Specialist, in close consultation with the Director of the Bryant Fund and the Bryant Fund team, will implement all Telefund solicitations, including the development of solicitation materials, scripts, pledge letters, etc., related to the Telefund program. S/he works closely with Advancement Services to ensure that any data transfers are accurate, complete, and sent to the Telefund vendor as needed. S/he is responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising a team of approximately 35 student callers. S/he will work with the Bryant Fund Director to develop a strategic calling calendar and oversee calling shifts during all designated periods.
Volunteer Recruitment and Management: The Development Specialist will provide leadership in the recruitment and management of Bryant Fund volunteers. S/he will supervise assigned staff supporting volunteers for particular programs such as Bryant Giving Day, Senior Class Gift, and Campus Campaign. S/he recruits, trains, and manages volunteers within these programs, developing materials, reports and addressing needs as they arise. S/he also collaborates with the Student Event and Orientation Programs’ Assistant Director to plan and execute the Senior Class Gift Campaign.
Written, Oral Communications, and Interpersonal Skills: The Development Specialist must be a strong writer and editor, possess fundraising experience, and understand telephone, online, and social media solicitation methods and practices.
- Maintain and implement a detailed production schedule for the Telefund program, including student recruitment and hiring, scriptwriting, editing, calling segmentation schedule, and report execution to keep Bryant Fund Director apprised of metrics.
- Work with the Director of the Bryant Fund, in consultation with senior Development management, to develop accurate and comprehensive fundraising goals for the Telefund, Senior Gift and Campus Campaign programs. Regularly monitor and report the progress towards stated goals to the Director of the Bryant Fund.
- Evaluate and monitor student caller performance, as it relates to his / her ability to speak as a representative of Bryant University in conversations with our constituents.
- Maintain regular contact with outside telemarketing vendors and/or consultants regarding Telefund program execution. Serve as the primary liaison for outside vendors to ensure that all deliverables are completed according to schedule. Responsible for follow up required with any alumni, parent, or friend prospect related to the Telefund program.
- Identify, recruit, hire student employees and or volunteers and provide training, support, and stewardship of these individuals to assist in their fundraising efforts on behalf of the University.
- Directly support the Bryant Fund program team’s direct marketing efforts, including, but not limited to, e-solicits, crowdfunding campaigns, direct mail, and online presence.
- Utilize various social media channels to educate donors and potential donors about the Bryant Fund and any specific initiatives. Under the Director and Assistant Director’s direction, maintain a social media calendar integrated with direct mail, e-mail, crowdfunding, and Telefund calendar to ensure messaging consistency.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Specific requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
The position requires an undergraduate degree with at least 1-3 years of demonstrated fundraising experience in an annual giving fundraising program, preferably in a higher education setting. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are highly developed organizational skills. Experience in recruiting, training, and managing student employees and volunteers is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with donors and members of the Bryant community are essential. Online fundraising & social media marketing and strategy experience preferred. Weeknight and weekend hours are required. The individual must be willing to assume additional responsibilities as assigned. Microsoft Excel and SCT Banner experience is a plus.
Bryant University recognizes that its position as a leader in higher education is greatly determined both by the diversity of its campus community and its intellectual endeavors. Its commitment to link academic and social diversity for the benefit of the learning and living environment reflects its belief that excellence and diversity are mutually reinforcing objectives. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive campus community, one that values individual difference and fosters greater understanding of the many facets of diversity and other distinctive characteristics that make us different. We encourage applications from candidates with an appreciation for and understanding of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
To apply for this job please visit employment.bryant.edu.