Bucknell UniversityLewisburg, Pa
Meet fascinating people, tell great stories and do work that makes a difference.
As Bucknell University’s Advancement Writer, you’ll showcase your creativity, collaborative spirit, and interviewing and research ability to create editorial content that supports Bucknell’s campaign, fundraising, development and stewardship goals.
You’ll work as a core member of the Division of Communications, a talented team that creates impactful messaging across print and digital media. You’ll also partner with colleagues in the Division of University Advancement to devise and create content that communicates the impact of philanthropy at Bucknell.
If you’re interested in joining this enthusiastic and dynamic team, please submit your application, resume and cover letter along with three writing samples. At least one should be a published profile that showcases your skills at turning an interview into a compelling snapshot of an individual person.
This position will be considered for remote work pending approval of the specific work location in compliance with University’s HR and Payroll requirements.
The Advancement Writer focuses on creating editorial content that supports Bucknell University’s campaign, fundraising, advancement and stewardship efforts and goals. This position is part of a highly collaborative creative team charged with implementing the University’s marketing and communications strategies across print and digital media. The Advancement Writer reports to the Associate Director of Editorial Strategy within the Division of Communications and is dedicated to working closely with colleagues in the Division of University Advancement.
The Advancement Writer creates content that is compelling and persuasive, adopting appropriate writing styles for an array of constituencies and goals that support strategies set by the Division of University Advancement. The Advancement Writer is an efficient collaborator with excellent communication skills and the desire to contribute to a positive, innovative culture within the context of a fun, fast-paced environment. The Advancement Writer shares their own perspectives, learns from the perspectives of others and contributes to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness.
- Research and write engaging, accurate and persuasive copy that speaks to targeted, key University constituencies, including compelling and creative narratives that communicate the impact of philanthropy at Bucknell.
- Develop and write comprehensive, strategic print and digital pieces to effectively promote University Advancement’s fundraising initiatives, including those that are customized to individual constituents.
- In conjunction with the Associate Vice President for Strategic Philanthropy, conceptualize, research, write and edit gift proposals for individual donors, as well as case statements, concept papers, donor correspondence, fundraising collateral and stewardship communications.
- Cultivate sources and identify content to meet strategic advancement communications needs.
- Interview and communicate with key University stakeholders, including major donors and University leadership.
- Work closely with Communications colleagues to produce compelling, error-free pieces that advance development strategies and align with University brand guidelines.
- Work closely with University Advancement on impact reporting for initiatives, milestones, and individual donors and funds as needed.
- Copyedit fundraising and stewardship materials as needed.
- Serve as a project manager and liaison with University Advancement to create advancement website content.
- Adhere to and promote the University’s marketing and branding standards and strategies.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years professional writing experience within advancement, development or fundraising communications for a college, university, foundation or nonprofit
- Excellent research, interviewing, writing and editing skills as well as demonstrated grammatical and proofreading skills
- Proficiency with Associated Press style
- Familiarity with philanthropy and major gift fundraising processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Higher education experience
- Working knowledge of Drupal content management system
- Working knowledge of Emma email marketing software
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud records management software
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, marketing, communications or a related field
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.