Senior Associate Athletic Director, Revenue Generation and Strategic Advancement
Bucknell UniversityLewisburg, PA
The Senior Associate Athletic Director – Revenue Generation and Strategic Advancement is a member of both Athletics senior administration team and University Advancement’s development team, with a dual report to the Director of Athletics & Recreation and Associate Vice President of University Advancement for Strategic Philanthropy. This position provides leadership of the Athletics external operations units and is a highly visible leader for the University. This position requires outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to leverage resources to achieve divisional goals.
The Senior Associate Athletic Director is responsible overseeing major projects and initiatives related to all of the revenue generation areas within athletics including, but not limited to, developing comprehensive strategies for engaging sport-specific affinity groups to creatively and thoughtfully enhance annual giving, major giving, and capital gifts in athletics; marketing, promotions, corporate sponsorship, and ticket sales and operations.
The Senior Associate Athletic Director must be assertive and confident, while being approachable and respectful. Additionally, they must have a proven record of accomplishment in building collaborative relationships across the organization and with key constituencies.
All staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Develop and direct approved department fundraising initiatives in collaboration with University Advancement with the goal of building positive relationships with donors, soliciting their continued support, and providing stewardship.
- Directly cultivate a portfolio of up to 50 athletic prospects.
- Communicate and coordinate with other UA fundraisers on major prospects who have interests in athletics.
- Partner with Advancement Marketing on the coordination of athletic outreach, communication and solicitation, and major projects.
- Special focus on growing Bison Club Athletic Dollars.
- Responsible for strategic and effective leadership of the external operations, fundraising and stewardship, and revenue generation for Athletics.
- Oversight includes marketing, promotions, corporate sponsorship management, and ticket sales and operations.
- Lead the strategic marketing and promotions efforts for all 27 Division I NCAA Sports.
- Effective and strategic development of the ticket office and sales.
- Effective and strategic development of communication strategies across all aspects of the division.
- Create a division-wide vision for working with external stakeholders including media outlets, community partners, corporate partners, fans, and alumni.
- Secure and continue positive relations with external constituents in advertising and sponsorships, as they relate to the department radio and television affiliations.
- Help support head coaches relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee corporate marketing strategies.
- Ensure positive relationships between the division and key stakeholders, include alumni, the local community, fans, parents, coaches, student-athletes, faculty, and other University constituents.
- Responsible for the effective supervision of staff as assigned. This includes managing the job performance, development, and continued professional growth of all direct reports.
University Advancement = 50% (Direct prospect work = 30%, Coordination of athletics fundraising efforts = 20%)
Athletics = 50% (Marketing & Public Relations = 20%, Ticketing = 20%, Athletics Communication = 10%)
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Six (6) years of experience of progressive experience working in athletics fundraising, marketing, revenue generation, or comparable experience as it relates to the duties of the position
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with university departments and internal and external constituents
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as the demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple assignments effectively
- Solid written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to relate productively with a diverse population
- Working knowledge of all NCAA rules and regulations
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited to e-mail correspondence, word-processing, and the ability to learn new technologies
- Master’s degree
- Prior work experience at a comparable institution
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.