Assistant Director of Annual Giving
California State University, Dominguez HillsCarson, CA
Major Job Duties:
Under general direction of the Senior Director of Annual Giving and Advancement Services, the Assistant Director administers, directs and monitors the work performed by the university’s in-house telemarketing program (phonathon). Provides effective management to student assistants, research, analysis, evaluation, and modification of programming and solicitation schedule when appropriate. This position supports the broad efforts of the university to increase and develop philanthropic opportunities from multiple audiences, i.e. alumni, parents, students, and community members. The assistant director executes the administration necessary to build the donor pipeline for major or leadership level donations to the university and its programs through sustainable efforts. The assistant director will build and sustain working groups, volunteers, and committees to help steer the university’s philanthropic efforts and advance the strategic plan.
Required Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or four-year university.
Required Experience: 2-5 years of professional experience working with an annual fund or as an annual fund caller. Previous experience working with an annual fund or as an annual fund caller.
Preferred Experience: Supervisor in an annual fund office preferred. Experience with databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge, and phonathon software systems, preferably RNL CampusCall is desired. Experience working in higher education environment with at least 2 years of management or supervisory experience is desired (student assistant management is ok). Experience working with diverse audiences and groups. Previous supervision, leadership and management experience in a tele-fundraising environment of up to 8-10 callers per shift.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Knowledge of annual giving strategies, tactics, and implementation criteria, including working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Independent strategic thinking and critical analytical skills for annual giving related operations that include specific tactics and implementation skills
- Knowledge of independent database systems policy and support
- Thorough knowledge of: English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; office systems and equipment; and windows applications including proficiency in using Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, the Internet and Outlook
- Able to perform standard business math; track financial data and make projections; draft and compose correspondence and standard reports; plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize multiple tasks; use independent judgment; learn, identify and independently interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures; and effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature
- Write, edit, and produce all of the materials the annual fund will mail, email, and otherwise send to external constituents and requires someone with extensive experience in annual fund writing
- Ability to lead, motivate, and supervise employees
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills – team player
- Knowledge of or ability to learn and manage a phonathon software system
- Able to meet nightly, weekly, and monthly annual fundraising goals and objectives.
- Maintain a full roster of staff to ensure full calling shifts.
- Successful marketing of Annual Giving programs to both internal and external audiences.
- Successfully run and manage calling system so that shifts can operate without interruption.
- Build internal and external partnerships that will allow for increased revenues for the Annual Giving programs
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.
- Next s