Assistant Director, Annual Giving (Integrated Marketing)
Carnegie Mellon UniversityPittsburgh, PA
Carnegie Mellon is enjoying its most productive fundraising years in its history, raising more than $500M over the last three years. University Advancement (UA) supports the entire CMU community in securing the financial resources the university needs to continue its ascent. As the division grows, we are seeking an Assistant Director, Annual Giving (Integrated Marketing). This is an exciting opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. Reporting to the associate director, Annual Giving (Integrated Marketing), you will be responsible for overseeing, evaluating and driving undergraduate alumni giving, which includes implementing direct mail and electronic fundraising programs. Collaboration across internal teams will be essential to create strategy for numerous alumni audiences and reach institution-wide goals.
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Administering direct mail and electronic annual giving program to drive undergraduate alumni participation through educating, engaging and soliciting alumni with unique touchpoints throughout the fiscal year.
- Serving as the point of contact for undergraduate alumni participation direct marketing and working closely with Advancement Communications and Alumni and Constituent Engagement to implement strategies to increase participation among all undergraduate alumni segments.
- Collaborating within the University Advancement division and across the colleges on alumni participation goals to increase awareness, solicitations, reporting and/or internal volunteer support.
- Tracking and reporting progress on implementation plan using key metrics; continually adjusting the plan based on analysis. Preparing fundraising reports and communications about results for CMU units and management.
- Keeping current on programs, faculty, research, and student initiatives at the university. Networking with advancement colleagues, college liaisons, and staff, administrators and faculty across the university when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within University Advancement. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- The ability to:
- interact effectively within the University Advancement division, as well as with other members of the campus community and external constituents
- communicate with prospects/donors in an appropriate manner in written, oral and personal communication
- handle confidential donor information and make good decisions regarding the use of such information
- maintain composure when dealing with difficult situations and/or individuals
- meet deadlines
- work under pressure and with frequent interruptions
- pay close attention to detail
- keep and maintain accurate and detailed reports and records
- prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- understand and follow directions
- work well with others and/or as part of a team
- Demonstrated analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
You should be able to travel domestically and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- One to three years of experience, preferably within a university/non-profit setting
- Knowledge of the principles of fundraising such as donor acquisition and donor retention
- Must possess persuasive writing and editing skills with an attention to detail
- Project management skills with the ability to oversee existing vendor relationships to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and successfully complete a driver’s license verification on an annual basis. Must complete the National Safety Council Defensive Driver Training once every three years
- Successful background check
To apply for this job please visit cmu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.