Director of Annual Giving – Tepper School of Business
Carnegie Mellon UniversityPittsburgh, PA
The Tepper School of Business is among the world’s best business schools consistently placing among the top-ranked schools for both undergraduate and graduate programs. Our mission at Tepper is to improve the leadership and problem-solving capabilities of individuals so as to improve their value to organizations and society at large. We strive for excellence in the creation and dissemination of knowledge that is evident in scientific principles and interdisciplinary collaboration, and our focus toward improving the practice and profession of management.
The Tepper Advancement team is searching for a Director of Annual Giving. This is an excellent opportunity if you thrive in an interesting and challenging work environment. In this role, you will be responsible for strategy and management for annual giving activities with the goal of growing financial support and donor participation. Program aspects include writing, editing and handling data for all direct mail and email outreach, as well as coordinating telemarketing with central CMU.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Fundraising: Overall management responsibility for Tepper School Annual Fund including planning and executing a multi-channel strategy utilizing direct mail, email, telefund, texting, Tepper website, film and media assets, alumni community online and social media channels.
- Staff and Volunteer Management: Lead two professional staff who focus on tactical project management of Giving Tuesday, Order of the May (consecutives), Tepper MBA reunion giving, undergraduate and MBA student class giving, W.L Mellon Society/leadership annual giving, recent alumni, peer to peer volunteer outreach including Tepper Alumni Philanthropy that uses volunteers to improve fundraising and stewardship.
- Coordinating: Responsibility for the cohesive strategy, planning, messaging, and project management in coordination with colleagues in Tepper and CMU advancement, and Tepper marketing and communications to achieve the ultimate goal of increased dollars to the annual fund.
- Reporting/Budget: Responsible for all related budget, data support and gift reporting to advancement and Tepper leadership.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Tepper. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should be able to travel and be willing to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum five years of development/advancement experience with at least three years in direct annual giving programs required
- Proven track record in soliciting donations for a non-profit or educational institution
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting and training volunteers
- Experience in marketing and communications including writing, editing, and providing design direction
Applications containing a cover letter and resume will be given top consideration.
Carnegie Mellon is a private, global research university. Internationally renowned in fields such as artificial intelligence, the performing arts, business administration, economics and computer science. The Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon consistently ranks among the top business schools in the world. Our educational programs emphasize innovation, leadership, quantitative decision-making and analytical approaches to problem solving. For more information about Tepper and our programs, please visit www.tepper.cmu.edu. For more information about Carnegie Mellon University, please visit www.cmu.edu.
Please visit “Why Carnegie Mellon” to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world. A listing of employee benefits is available at: www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/.
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
To apply for this job please visit cmu.taleo.net.
- Next s