Director of Annual Giving Programs
Carroll UniversityWaukesha, WI
Description: The Director of Annual Giving Programs is responsible for the development and management of a comprehensive, strategic, integrated effort to build the base of individual donors and increase the level of support through annual giving. The Director will lead year-round cultivation and solicitation programs that support all annual fund programs with a focus on increasing unrestricted support and alumni giving.
- Develop a working knowledge of Carroll University in general and funding priorities specifically to articulate a compelling case for support to all constituents.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive mass-market fundraising program for all university constituents (alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff & students) to support the university’s mission and build a pipeline of support to improve participation, dollars raised, and donors engaged among each population and the constituency as a whole.
- Prepare and execute a detailed comprehensive operating plan and calendar each fiscal year utilizing a multi-channel marketing approach (direct mail, email, phone, social, and digital) to increase total donors and dollars annually.
- Leads Carroll’s multi-channel annual giving plan and in conjunction with the Senior Advancement Officer for Annual Giving, deploys marketing materials and strategies to execute a best-in-class program to achieve growing results for dollars and donors year after year.
- Research, qualify, cultivate and solicit alumni, parents and friends capable of making a leadership annual gift of $1,000 or greater. Average a minimum of 10-12 face to face visits per month accounting for approximately 35-40 percent of the Directors time.
- In conjunction with Assistant Vice President for Development, provide overarching guidance, strategy and vision for the growth of the Old Main Society. Partner with the Senior Advancement Officer for Annual Giving in the creation and implementation of an annual strategic plan for the growth, retention and upgrade of memberships, tracking of current memberships and, creation of solicitation materials.
- Devises new and creative segmentation strategies to target select donor populations for unrestricted, current-use, and budget-relieving support of the university while micro-targeting segments for specific appeals and priority fundraising projects.
- Responsible for increasing alumni giving on an annual basis while growing the donor and dollar pools for various university constituencies through direct execution of solicitation strategies and via coordination and collaboration with colleagues within the Division of Institutional Advancement and across the campus.
- Manages annual giving budget to maximize efficiencies and ensure projects are on-time and on-budget.
- Supervises Senior Advancement Officer for Annual Giving.
- In partnership with Senior Advancement Officer for Annual Giving, lead Carroll Giving Day and/or Giving Tuesday planning and execution.
- Develop comprehensive plan for increased matching and recurring gifts
- Work closely with the Director of Advancement Services to develop reports for timely and ongoing progress toward established goals.
- Provide support to capital campaign initiatives through the qualification of campaign prospects. It is a principal goal of the Annual Giving program to identify major gift prospects and to begin to introduce major and planned giving concepts.
- Prepare weekly annual giving progress reports for the Assistant Vice President and Vice President as they relate to program goals and objectives.
- Measure the effectiveness of annual giving solicitations to determine return on investment of individual appeals.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as assigned and appropriate, recognizing that Institutional Advancement is an integral office requiring occasional participation in assignments that are not specific to annual giving.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of four to five years of direct annual giving experience, preferably in higher education is required
- Practical knowledge of annual giving operations and an understanding of what it takes to expand donor participation
- Successful track record in the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a broad-based constituency preferred
- Volunteer management experience preferred
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge or other development data systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Possess an ROI-mindset when establishing priorities and use of limited resources.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the University mission
- Experience in the management and supervision of staff as well as the supervision of volunteers for fundraising purposes.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and aptitude for working with people of different ages and temperaments.
- Superior written and oral communication skills. High energy level, self-motivated and self-directed to design and complete complex projects.
- Must also have skills and desire to: multi-task and meet deadlines; be a team player; work collaboratively; understand the principles and techniques relevant to annual and major gift fundraising and; participation in evening and weekend activities as necessary.
- Eager to play a leadership role in expanding Carroll’s donor base and building a best-in-class multi-channel annual giving operation are ideal.
- Demonstration of integrity, positive attitude, diplomacy, tact, courtesy and a sense of humor.
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran’s status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.