Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Cedarville UniversityCedarville, OH
Cedarville University is seeking to hire an Assistant Director of Annual Giving to assist in implementing a donor attraction and retention strategy for annual gifts. This a full-time, twelve-month, exempt position reporting to the Director of Annual Giving.
- Knowledge of annual giving strategies, tactics, and implementation criteria.
- Independent strategic thinking and critical analytical skills for annual giving related operations.
- Supervise and provide leadership of the University Phonathon program.
- Execute and implement a comprehensive e-Philanthropy program.
- Write, edit, and produce all collateral and solicitation material for the Cedarville Fund.
- Knowledge of database and platform systems (Raiser’s Edge, ThankView, Classy).
- Track and provide financial accounting for the student caller program and other initiatives assigned to the Assistant Director.
- Research for Advancement mailings; analyzing and segmenting prospects
- Work with Director of Annual Giving to implement an annual giving day.
- Develop and update content for website and social media marketing related to annual giving.
- With the Director, create and manage a comprehensive donor relations communication plan supporting the Annual Giving Office and Portfolio Managers.
- Provide strategic support and oversight of the Senior Class Gift annual campaign.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required. Preferred fields of study include business, communications, management, or marketing.
- Two to five years of professional experience working with an annual fund, or in a fundraising or sales environment strongly preferred.
- Able to use independent judgment; learn, identify, and independently interpret and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, evaluation options, and implement effective actions steps to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to manage complex tasks simultaneously, coordinate the roles of various participants in projects, set priorities and schedules, and meet deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to facilitate mutual understanding and work effectively with a wide variety of people including: faculty, administrative staff, development colleagues, donors, students, alumni, and friends of the University.
- Proven customer-service focus.
- Proficiency in computing applications including e-mail, Windows, Word, Excel, and Internet navigation tools.
- An understanding of the entire development enterprise—particularly within an academic setting—and the ability to work within that framework desirable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to articulate the distinction of a Cedarville University educational experience and inspire confidence in donors.
This position is subject to the University’s verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the completion of a criminal history investigation. Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.cedarville.edu.