Assistant Athletic Director for Advancement
Centre CollegeDanville, KY
Under the direction of the Deputy Athletic Director, the Assistant Athletic Director for Advancement will aid in the development of a comprehensive stewardship and growth program for Centre College Athletics. The foremost mission of this role is to promote a culture of philanthropy, drive donation revenue for both the athletic department and individual athletic programs through annual giving and working with major gift prospects, increase support from external constituents, and elevate engagement with all Centre College Athletics supporters and partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing all aspects (identification, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding) of a portfolio of individual major gift prospects;
- Responsible for assigned yearly fundraising goals;
- Manage all aspects of the athletic department annual giving strategies;
- Work with Head Coaches and department heads to oversee individual sport program fundraising for capital projects, team trips, equipment and other program needs;
- Oversee and expand athletic department corporate partner program;
- Working with alumni engagement office, represent the college at various regional and on-campus events;
- Coordinate athletic department golf outings and other social engagements with parents, alumni, and members of the community;
- Attend and participate in college advancement office staff meetings;
- Serve as a member of the Athletic Department External Relations team; Assist with on and off campus marketing and promotion activities;
- Traveling to visit assigned prospects;
- In conjunction with Alumni Office, coordinate all aspects of departmental Hall of Fame, to include Hall of Fame Committee meetings, and Hall of Fame induction ceremony;
- Engaging and interacting with a diverse group of alumni, parents and friends of the College;
- Coordinate systematic thanking of all athletic donors;
- Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds;
Marginal Job Functions:
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree would be an asset. Previous experience in the area of individual major gift solicitations and annual giving preferred. Working knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
High integrity and ethical standards are required, along with enthusiasm for the mission of Centre College and Centre College Athletics.
Knowledge and Skills
The candidate will have excellent communication skills, and collaborate frequently with a variety of college stakeholders and donors. The successful candidate will also be able to accept and respond positively to direction, and complete job duties independently, on-time and with precision. An understanding of fundraising fundamentals and the ability to apply them to a strategic vision. The ability to manage several tasks or projects simultaneously, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, a demonstrated commitment to customer service, and a track record in building quality relationships. The ability to work as a member of team in a fast-paced, high-pressure collegiate athletic department.
To apply for this job please visit www.joblinkapply.com.