Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications
Chatham UniversityPittsburgh, PA
Chatham University’s Office of University Advancement is seeking a talented, collaborative individual to serve as Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications. The Office of University Advancement cultivates, strengthens, and stewards relationships with the University’s alumni, donors, students, and other constituents. Our work supports a diverse network of more than 15,000 living alumni and 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students through fundraising, professional development, and strategic engagement.
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving Communications will play a key role in setting and executing annual giving fundraising strategies, ensuring we achieve annual goals, and supporting our overall fundraising success. The Assistant Director will manage direct mail, email, and social media communications; build and launch a robust crowdfunding program that engages campus partners and supports donor acquisition efforts; and lead our student philanthropy programs to build a culture of philanthropy among soon-to-be alumni.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues, constituents, and students; plan strategically and creatively with program goals top-of-mind; meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; produce deliverables with accuracy and attention to detail; and exercise sound judgment and discretion in the handling of confidential information.
This newly vacant position will add to Chatham’s mission “to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work…by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect the diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably.” Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all stages of design and production for direct mail and email solicitations to ensure high-quality and timely solicitations.
- Responsible for planning and launching Chatham’s new crowdfunding program, with 4-6 pilot campaigns designed to gain new donors for the University.
- Manages the Student Phonathon fundraising program, which includes a team of four student employees.
- Develops and executes a solicitation and stewardship plan for the senior gift program and works with senior class volunteers to achieve their fundraising goal.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years professional experience in fundraising, communications, marketing, or a related industry
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent customer service skills and experience building and maintaining effective relationships
- Ability to work 1-2 evenings per week and 1-2 weekends per year
- Knowledge of fundraising or direct response marketing best practices and processes
- Experience using metrics and data to inform decision-making
To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, professional resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity. Women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. Chatham University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.
To apply for this job please visit chatham.applicantpro.com.