Director of Annual Giving
Christian Brothers UniversityMemphis, TN
Strategically manage a comprehensive annual giving program focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual support from alumni and friends.
- Plan and execute a comprehensive program of annual giving including solicitation activities such as direct mail, email, web presence, and other engagement-centered communications.
- Write, edit, and produce all annual giving mail solicitation materials.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of all elements of the annual giving program, as well as assist with major gift prospect identification.
- Develop fundraising and engagement strategies for all volunteer programs, such as employee/staff campaigns, to increase revenue and annual participation, establish and manage successful relationships and strategies that result in greater affinity and engagement with Christian Brothers University.
- Develop strategies to integrate current CBU students into annual giving strategies and stewardship.
- Increase annual financial support, and enhance the fundraising pipeline.
- Establish goals for each segment of the annual giving program.
- Increase the number of annual donors and dollars raised from the annual giving program.
- Upgrade gift amounts from existing donors.
Key Performance Indicators
- Donor Retention Rate – LYBUNTS
- Number of realized gifts – personally and through direct mail appeals
- Number of donor visits – personally
- Number of solicitations – face to face
- Number of major gift prospects identified
- Growth of annual giving program
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of progressive experience in alumni relations and/or fundraising, and familiarity with principles and practices of annual giving preferred.
- Experience in educational advancement preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated personal solicitation experience.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of database research and maintenance.
- Ability to work with students, as well as volunteers of all ages.
- Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends as warranted.
Christian Brothers University alumni are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cbu.interviewexchange.com.