Senior Associate Director of Class Giving and Programs
Colby CollegeWaterville, ME
The senior associate director of class giving and programs will oversee a robust network of nearly 400 alumni volunteers. This role will identify ways to enhance engagement strategies and the volunteer experience overall, and will lead the Colby Fund’s efforts to grow and transform its volunteer structure, envisioning new ways to employ volunteers strategically to stimulate the growth of alumni participation rates. The senior associate director will have a solid understanding of volunteer management and a demonstrated understanding of engagement practices to help increase annual fund gifts. As a highly visible representative of the College, the senior associate director will also possess a deep appreciation for the liberal arts college experience, and a strong personal commitment to Colby’s core values. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our College, including its cultural and ethnic diversity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage and direct class giving and programs for assigned class range, including:
- Developing engagement strategies to mobilize volunteers in an effort to increase connections with the College to promote and foster a sense of pride among alumni classes
- Assisting in the development and managing the class-based solicitations within the context of the Colby Fund
- Recruiting, training, supervising, and managing the efforts of class volunteers, traveling as needed
- Coordinating and developing basic sample solicitation emails, notes, texts and thank yous for volunteers
- Supervise class managers, providing support, guidance and direction of their efforts to increase the growth of their alumni volunteer base and boost Colby Fund participation through direct peer-to-peer contact
- Manage the 20th, 30th, 35th and 40th reunion programs to increase engagement, attendance, and annual support
- Work with the senior associate director of annual giving marketing and analytics, Office of Advancement Operations, and other colleagues within the Division of College Advancement to identify additional points of evaluation, metrics, and analyses necessary for the assessment and management of Colby’s alumni donors and volunteers
- Work in collaboration with the Colby Fund Committee and Alumni Council to foster growth and change in volunteer areas key to the mission of the College
- Develop new protocol to reintroduce clearly defined expectations for volunteers, implement streamlined communication processes, and engage volunteers throughout the year beyond the traditional solicitation calendar
- Provide secondary support for the Colby Fund Ambassador and Senior Initiative programs, ensuring proper staffing and deployment of alumni engagement strategies
- Develop supportive partnerships with offices across campus, including Office of Admissions and Financial Aid, DavisConnects, Department of Athletics, and Division of Student Affairs; create opportunities for alumni to support the goals and aspirations of these departments and the students they serve
- Perform additional duties as assigned; duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years working with and managing volunteers
- 1-3 years of experience directly supervising employees, analyzing performance, and providing feedback
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple simultaneous deadlines and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible, have great attention to detail, show initiative, and have a results-driven philosophy with the ability to problem-solve
- Talent to manage complex relationships, and proven collaboration and teamwork skills to leverage activities, initiatives, and programs for multiple purposes
- Highly developed computer skills including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with fund raising software such as Raiser’s Edge and communication platforms like Slack is desirable.
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis and to work nights and weekends during specific times of the year (Homecoming, Reunion, Graduation, etc.)
- Ability to make an impact through work as a member of a team and diverse community
- Appreciation of Colby’s mission and the ability to effectively communicate it
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a proactive attitude
- Valid driver’s license required and must meet the College’s Fleet Safety Policy requirements
Reporting to the director of annual giving, the senior associate director of class giving and programs will have direct contact with division colleagues and key faculty and staff members across campus. This position has significant interaction with alumni, students, faculty, staff, the public, and the community.
To apply for this job please visit colby.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.