Director of Advancement Services
College of CharlestonCharleston, SC
Director of Advancement Services leads, manages, and integrates all functions in the Office of Advancement Services that are essential to the effective and efficient execution of the College’s fundraising, alumni and volunteer engagement, and campaign management efforts. Works closely with executive leadership, IA management team, athletics and other campus departments to ensure that current practices regarding data management, analysis, and strategy formation are driving goal setting and execution in university advancement. Coordinates and collaborates with campus partners to ensure access to campus systems and data sharing protocols are in place to enhance operations. Supports strategic planning and advancement efforts of campus boards in collaboration with EVP and IA leadership team.
A bachelor’s degree with a minimum five years of direct experience in advancement services and/or alumni & development operations. Master’s degree preferred. Must have 3 years program management/supervisory experience with demonstrated success in building teams involving diverse responsibilities and partnering with various constituencies. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Expert knowledge of advancement services and related information management support for academic development and alumni relations operations. Must be able to hire, coach, and discipline staff in supporting and meeting these objectives. Strong familiarity with software applications relevant to the profession. Exceptional skills in organization and presentation, critical thinking, data analysis, quality assurance, and problem-solving with associated experience in supporting fundraising campaign activities.
Additional Comments Regarding Position:
Ability to work under pressure and reliably meet deadlines. May be required to work occasional evenings or weekends.
Salary: $63,000 – $73,000, Salary is commensurate with education/experience which exceeds the minimum requirements.
- Analyzes current and emerging trends in university advancement and provides expertise in Advancement Services to increase productivity in donors, philanthropy, and alumni and volunteer engagement across campus. Serves as senior member of the Institutional Advancement team and partners with other divisional and campus leaders to recommend strategies and resources necessary to accomplish strategic division goals including school/unit and/or institutional campaigns.
- Leads and supervises Advancement Services operations including research & prospect management, database administration, constituent records, gift processing, technology support, and digital communication strategy. Determines and assures annual department plans and goals. Hires, trains, evaluates, and develops staff.
- Works with Executive Director of the College of Charleston Foundation to engage campus boards, to include the Board of Trustees, CofC Foundation, Alumni Association, and Cougar Club to provide expertise in support of their advancement missions and alignment to and coordination with the office of Institutional Advancement. In collaboration with members of the IA leadership team, works to enhance strategic Foundation Board activities as needed.
- Directs the creation, analysis, and distribution of management reports and assessment tools used to evaluate fundraising and alumni and volunteer engagement efforts. Ensures accurate, timely reporting of institutional data to relevant professional organizations (e.g. CAE, CASE, USNWR, etc). Works with EVP and IA . Leadership to complete division-wide strategic and annual planning efforts. Leads Institutional Advancement’s annual assessment planning and reporting as directed by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning. Manages and oversees all approved contracts that integrate with any of IA’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Provides initial and ongoing technical guidance and support.
- Provides leadership and representation on behalf of the Division of Institutional Advancement in campus-wide committees and meetings as the subject matter expert in Advancement infrastructure. Advocates for resources necessary to increase a culture of philanthropy and alumni and volunteer engagement for the College. Proactively cultivates relationships with IT, Registrar’s Office, Enrollment Planning, and the Cougar Club/Athletics to ensure appropriate levels of information and resource sharing and accuracy of reporting to drive fundraising and engagement productivity across campus.
The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cofc.edu.