Corporate Development Director/Manager
College of DuPageGlen Ellyn, IL
Reporting to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement, the Director, Corporate Development, will manage a comprehensive College-wide program of corporate and foundation fundraising strategies and solicitation activities. The Director is actively engaged in working to establish long-term innovative partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the corporate and foundation sector that will result in funding and sponsorships for the immediate and longer-term goals of the College.
The Director provides the expertise to advance the College’s interests by researching and identifying sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals, and by maintaining strong communication with corporate and foundation donors and prospects. The Director works with the Vice President to identify campus-wide corporate and foundation partnership and sponsorship needs. The functional title within the College for this position is Corporate Development Manager/Director.
- Identify prospective corporate sponsors, CSR executives and foundations to develop strategies for soliciting donations, corporate grants & sponsorships.
- Develop a pool of no less than 100 corporate, business & foundation prospects with a focus on identifying new funders & growing the resources from existing funders.
- Utilize fundraising or sales prospecting strategies to bring prospects from qualification to solicitation.
- Work with Vice President of Institutional Advancement to identify the funding needs of the College as defined by college leadership, staff & faculty.
- Provide meaningful and required stewardship, including small events, progress reports, and customized recognition pieces, for foundation and corporate partners/donors.
- Design and oversee a comprehensive fundraising strategy to engage local corporate partners that contributes a minimum of $250,000 annually to support the College’s key initiatives & events.
- Identify emerging business leadership and industry trends with a special emphasis on developing high value-exchange corporate partnerships and identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit five and particularly six figure (and larger) philanthropic commitments to support the mission and goals of the College.
- Engage alumni and community volunteers in corporate solicitation efforts as appropriate.
- Communicate advancement-related activities through entries and call reports in the Raiser’s Edge Database and through periodic attendance at moves management meetings.
- Stewardship Management
- Create a comprehensive stewardship plan for prospects and donors, in collaboration with the Foundation and Communication Specialist, that leads to a customizable template for all corporate donors $25,000 and above.
- Design menu of customized stewardship options in collaboration with the Communications Specialist for corporate sponsors, foundation and corporate donors.
- Provide supervision for a staff of 1-2 employees.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of special events for the College of DuPage related to cultivation, recognition and fundraising.
- Assist in development of materials and other marketing pieces.
- Monitor and ensure all corporate sponsor and funder name recognition requirements are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
5-7 years of experience in corporate fundraising, sponsorship development & building relationships is required, 8-10 years preferred. 3-5 years of supervisory experience required. Experience in strategic fundraising with demonstrated success that includes individual, business & corporate solicitation, foundation fundraising, as well as board development and volunteer management required. Strong oral and written communication skills with abillity to build relationships required. Strong organizational skills required. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality required.
Education: Master’s Degree and/or CFRE certification.
Experience: Experience in a higher education environment preferred.
Standard office equipment and software. Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), and Raiser’s Edge. Primarily office environment; primarily sedentary in nature. This position requires a background check and drug screen.
To apply for this job please visit www.click2apply.net.