Assistant Director, Holy Cross Fund
College of the Holy CrossWorcester, MA
The position reports to the Director of Alumni & Parent Giving and President’s Council. The Assistant Director will bring up to two years of Advancement or transferrable experience. This position is responsible for the management and fundraising growth of 10 alumni classes and oversees reunion fundraising efforts for classes within his/her portfolio. Working with class-based and reunion volunteers, the Assistant Director will develop communication and segmentation strategies and tactics to meet both dollar and donor goals. Personal cultivation and solicitation of assigned prospects and high-level volunteers is required, with a travel goal of 30-40 face to face visits each year. The Assistant Director will oversee all aspects of the Class Agent program, with an eye towards growth and strategic engagement of this important volunteer population.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with campus and department partners, as well as key alumni volunteers, develop and implement a strategic business plan to engage and cultivate alumni
- Working with a gift chair(s), manage reunion classes’ fundraising efforts
- Working with Class Chairs, manage non-reunion classes’ fundraising efforts
- Travel to visit, recruit, cultivate, solicit, and steward key volunteers and assigned prospects
- Oversee the Class Agent program with specific focus on growth and strategic engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Assistant Directors must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and have a strong sense of the mission of the College and the value of a liberal arts education.
- Incumbents should have up to two years of successful fundraising/advancement experience or transferrable skills.
- Person should be goal and detail-oriented, able to work independently, with some evenings and weekends as required.
- Exceptional leadership, communication and interpersonal skills; possess the ability to inspire colleagues and motivate volunteers.
- Initiative, good judgement and sensitivity to confidential information required.
- Should be able to meet people easily and work well with others and project a positive image of the College.
- Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
- In your cover letter please address how your work supports the College’s mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.