Annual Giving Creative Strategist
Colorado State UniversityFort Collins, CO
The Annual Giving & Membership unit within Alumni Relations at Colorado State University is seeking an Annual Giving Creative Strategist (AGCS). The AGCS is responsible, alongside Annual Giving’s digital strategist, for the planning, execution, and management of a comprehensive direct marketing fundraising program with a goal of increasing the total number of annual donors and alumni association members to Colorado State University.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Annual Giving Creative Strategist (AGCS) is a skilled copywriter, gifted storyteller and strategic thinker who will use these skills to drive annual support and alumni association membership. The AGCS will implement creative ideas to generate a visionary strategy for a comprehensive multi-channel direct marketing program to increase overall alumni participation and engage and activate alumni and donors. With a steadfast belief in the power of storytelling, the AGCS understands how to create an authentic fundraising narrative that is grounded in strategy. The AGCS will possess the ability to make informed data-driven decisions and implement program changes where appropriate, while highlighting the University’s mission with a focus on annual giving and alumni membership.
The AGCS will develop compelling and high-impact communications through the enhancement of a robust direct mail program for both annual giving and alumni membership. The AGCS will work closely with outside vendors to produce and mail all pieces, and collaborate with internal stakeholders to fundraise on their behalf. The AGCS will provide overall strategic vision, project management, provide exceptional writing, and direct the creative for each solicitation from conception to completion.
This position will also work closely with Annual Giving’s Digital Strategist to plan and execute giving days, crowdfunding projects, and mini giving campaigns to deepen connections with annual donors. The AGCS will create and coordinate the implementation of strategic, dynamic and engaging content and offer consistency, cohesion and “one voice” to all projects. Additionally, this position will work in partnership, with Alumni Relations, Donor Relations and Stewardship, and University Advancement Communications representing annual giving and membership to plan and manage all projects designed to increase Alumni Participation.
This position reports to the Managing Director of Annual Giving & Membership. The proposed annual salary range for this position is $50,000-$60,000 plus benefits. A $3,000 moving allowance may be negotiated at the time of hire.
What We Are Looking For:
What You Will Need (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university by employment start date
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in creative writing, copywriting, strategic marketing/storytelling, corporate communications or equivalent complex role
- Ability to work non-standard hours, including occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends
- A demonstrated ability to engage and effectively communicate with diverse audiences
We Would Like You to Have (Preferred Qualifications)
- Extensive experience with direct mail and online giving
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An expert in creative writing and the art of effective storytelling
- An accomplished editor and proofreader
- Experience in fundraising, alumni relations, or membership program role in higher education or other non-profit setting
- Proven ability to successfully identify and build relationships and connect donor/client interests with opportunities in a complex organization
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative metrics for making data-driven decisions
- Ability to problem solve and adapt to rapidly changing situations and successfully manage multiple complex projects from start to finish
- Ability to work cross-functionally with academic and administrative leaders in a collaborative environment to conceive and implement innovative ideas
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience working in a CRM or other relational database such as Advance or Raiser’s Edge
How to Apply
For full consideration, all materials must be received by 11:59 pm (MT) on January 24, 2021. Applications will be reviewed within 2 weeks of the full consideration date. Following this, all applicants will be notified of their status in the search.
Applicants should submit:
- a cover letter that demonstrates any and all of the required and preferred qualifications that they meet
- a resume
- three professional references noting name, phone number, email address, and professional relationship (one must be a current or former supervisor).
Successful applicants should be prepared to submit a copy of professional work that they feel best showcases their experience, style and skill set as it relates to this position. Examples might include a creative portfolio, writing samples, design pieces, etc. References will not be contacted without prior notification of candidates.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.colostate.edu.