Associate Director, Reunion Class Giving
Columbia Law SchoolNew York, NY
Reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Associate Director of Reunion Class Giving is the team leader for all aspects of reunion year fundraising encompassing over 4,000 reunion prospects annually. The Associate Director builds and helps manage up to 5 volunteer committees; works closely with senior staff, annual giving, and the major gifts team; and will personally solicit and close gifts to meet comprehensive Reunion Fundraising goals of $5 million to $10 million annually and 25% to 30% reunion alumni participation.
- Manage a portfolio of 100–150 prospects with a goal of 75 personal visits, preferably face to face, and 100 solicitations in the $1,000–$50,000 range per year.
- Design and implement strategy for recruitment of reunion fundraising committees; and coordinate efforts with the Director of Individual Giving, Executive Director of Development, and Major Gift Officers. Develop communication strategies for committees, run committee trainings and meetings, and represent the Development Office at various meetings. Identify, enlist, and solicit volunteers for the 5th to 55th year reunions; and directly work with 4–5 committees to help achieve their fundraising goals. Identify, cultivate, and manage cultivation and solicitation of additional reunion year prospects across the classes.
- Strategize and devise cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship processes for all Reunion Leadership gift prospects. Create annual plan for direct marketing including mail, telemarketing, and email solicitations with specific strategies for each class. Edit and oversee all fundraising information (letters, brochures, e-communications) sent to alumni.
- Design and implement a planned giving program to be rolled out to all Reunion classes, and manage Planned Giving Ambassadors.
- Analyze giving data and strategize with Senior Staff and Reunion Chairs/committees to define goals and solicitation approaches, identify prospects, and coordinate peer solicitations.
- Supervise a Development Assistant for Reunions, and provide guidance for the Assistant Director of Reunion Class Giving.
- Respond to other special projects that support development objectives, particularly for reunion year classes.
- BA required; master’s degree preferred.
- 3–5 years of development or business experience preferred, with consideration given to other exceptional candidates with extensive development experience.
- Preference given to those with fundraising background in an educational setting.
- Must be highly organized, capable of managing multiple tasks under deadline, and mature; and must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Proficiency in word processing and managing data preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
Columbia University is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran and is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
To apply for this job please visit opportunities.columbia.edu.