Assistant Vice President, Alumni Relations
Creighton UniversityOmaha, NE
Creighton University pursues a strategic, organizational leader who can effectively establish and communicate the mission, vision and goals of Alumni Relations and align all activity accordingly. The Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Alumni Relations will bring forth an energetic attitude that inspires the Alumni Relations team to experiment with novel and strategic programming. This individual has superb communication skills, which will be demonstrated constantly and consistently with internal and external constituents. The AVP of Alumni Relations is a detail-oriented administrator who also enjoys building relationships with alumni, parents, friends, faculty and staff. This leader understands that both internal and external partnerships are critically important to the success of Alumni Relations. The AVP will be highly articulate with impeccable presentation skills. Demonstrated experience in coaching others to achieve business development outcomes is necessary, as well as an understanding and appreciation of Creighton University’s mission.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for University Relations, this role will lead the entire Alumni Relations team, which consists of 14 staff members. Alumni Relations partners with several constituencies within the University including Creighton’s nine schools and colleges, as well as focuses on the university’s top regional markets for alumni concentration. Engagement and programming with our recent alumni is a key focus. This individual will develop a vision and plan for Alumni Relations’ role in support of Forward Blue, the largest, most comprehensive fundraising campaign in the University’s history. The AVP will serve on University Relations’ Senior Team alongside other leaders within the division.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in effective organizational leadership and people management required.
- 5+ years of alumni relations experience in higher education preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of designing, implementing and executing on successful alumni relations strategies that have resulted in significant increases in alumni engagement and donor participation.
- S/he will have proven success in managing, leading, and inspiring a complex organization by managing collaborative relationships and utilizing data and technology to build strategic plans that helps populate a donor pipeline.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and leading a volunteer board such as a National Alumni Board to consult and work on issues critical to engagement and donor participation.
- S/he should also have solid management experience with a track record of motivating staff, cultivating change and encouraging colleagues to take initiative and lead by example.
- Must have excellent communication skills; computer literacy to include industry standard software; and experience articulating values, information, and compelling cases to multiple audiences, one-on-one, and through formal proposals and/or presentations. Impeccable verbal and written communication skills are required; social media strategy experience is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the University’s mission and incorporation of mission into daily department operations.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to master new software applications and technologies. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, experience working with a complex donor database required; Ellucian Advance Web or Blackbaud platforms a plus.
Creighton University is committed to providing a safe and non-discriminatory educational and employment environment. The University admits qualified students, hires qualified employees and accepts patients for treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or other status protected by law. Its education and employment policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other programs and activities, are administered without unlawful discrimination.
To apply for this job please visit creighton.referrals.selectminds.com.