Director of the Annual Fund
Denison UniversityGranville, OH
Denison University, a private, selective undergraduate liberal arts institution seeks an energetic, ambitious, and results oriented individual to lead its Annual Fund team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join an experienced team and begin planning the next phase of annual giving at Denison.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Institutional Advancement, the Director of the Annual Fund will manage all annual giving staff, volunteers, and activities. The ideal candidate will design and implement a comprehensive solicitation strategy utilizing advanced technologies, targeted segmentation, and data analysis to enhance revenue for both restricted and unrestricted giving while also increasing the alumni participation percentage. This position will serve as the main point of contact and advocate throughout a current CRM conversion process, utilizing knowledge of best practices and analysis of data to determine the most effective ways to utilize the new system. The ideal candidate will engage in a continuous and systematic review and analysis of all Annual Fund activities to identify opportunities for increased effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of at least five years in development with a focus on direct marketing/annual giving.
- The candidate should be conversant in contemporary technologies and how they can be used in support of revenue generation and increased giving participation.
- Proven record of leadership, management, and supervisory skills and experience in recruiting, managing, training, leading, and stewarding volunteer fundraising committees to reach their full potential and to achieve fundraising goals.
- Must have excellent planning and budgetary management skills.
- Experience in asking for gifts in person.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively on a team and collaborate with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of modern data management practices and techniques including data-based computerized information systems, data modeling, and analysis that lead to effective decision making on behalf of the program.
- Strong Excel skills including formulas, pivot tables, and vlookups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Regular travel, frequent evening and weekend work.
Denison University offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including tuition benefits for dependents at Denison and affiliated colleges throughout the Midwest. Assistant or Associate title will be given based upon level of experience. Candidates applying by December 1, 2020 will be given full consideration. The position will be open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit employment.denison.edu.