Associate Director, Development – Law
DePaul UniversityChicago, IL
The Associate Director of Development (DOD) is responsible for identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major and planned gift prospects and donors for DePaul’s College of Law. In addition to meeting annual fundraising goals, the Associate DOD is responsible for building and sustaining a pipeline of major gift prospects and working collaboratively with Office of Advancement staff and College of Law faculty and staff. This position reports to the Executive Director of Development for the College of Law.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift ($50,000+) prospects for the College of Law.
- Develop customized strategies to deepen prospect relationships with the College of Law and DePaul.
- Partner with senior leaders and key constituencies (i.e. Dean, faculty, senior staff, students, colleagues in the Office of Advancement, alumni volunteers) in cultivation/solicitation/stewardship process, as necessary.
- Travel to Chicagoland and key markets outside of the Chicago region to visit with alumni and friends.
- Attend key College of Law and DePaul University events, programs, and meetings.
- Work with the Executive Director of Development and the Dean of the College of Law to design and execute a annual fundraising plan focused on securing annual and long-term philanthropic support from alumni, friends, corporations, foundations, faculty and staff.
- Advise and assist with special projects or initiatives at the request of the Vice President, Associate Vice President of Development, Executive Director of Development, or Dean of the College of Law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years experience as a professional fundraiser focused on cultivating and soliciting individual prospects.
- Background or experience working within legal education, a legal-focused non-profit organization, and/or the Chicago legal marketplace.
- Experience with fundraising campaigns.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
- The ability to work without close supervision and to make appropriate independent decisions concurrent with University policy.
- Discretion and an ability to interact with high-level donors and their families.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Very strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills, coupled with strong writing and presentation skills, as well as the ability to present before a group.
- Willingness to learn and to be an efficient user of the Advance database.
- The ability to develop an innovative strategic approach to fundraising.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications, especially MS Excel.
- Maintain a polished, professional demeanor.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
Position requires some travel and occasional evening and weekend work for events and donor meetings.
To apply for this job please visit pshr.depaul.edu.