Director, Parent Enagement
DePaul UniversityChicago, IL
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences are welcome and supported.
The Director of Parent Engagement reports to the Associate Vice President and is responsible for overseeing parent engagement and giving at DePaul. The Director will create, plan and implement a comprehensive parent engagement and giving program, elements of which include volunteer management, engagement, communications, cultivation opportunities, and fundraising strategies. The Director will develop and leverage partnerships with key campus stakeholders. This is a newly created position within the Division of Advancement & External Relations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Engagement and Communications:
- Develop and execute a suite of parent programming and events in support of DePaul’s engagement and fundraising goals, from college-specific programming to selective salon-style events with DePaul’s leadership.
- Partner with Alumni Relations to engage parents in existing programming, including within Alumni & Family Weekend.
- Working with colleagues in Student Affairs, Alumni Relations, Advancement Communications, Admissions, University Communications and Marketing and others to coordinate a university-wide parent communication strategy including newsletters, e-communications, social media, web, and more.
- Develop and manage content for parent web pages on the Advancement and University websites.
- With the Associate Vice President, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with campus stakeholders, including Student Affairs, Admissions, University Marketing and Communications, Residential Education, Career Center, and others to facilitate information exchange, programming, and communication regarding parent engagement.
- Develop the framework for a DePaul Parent Council designed to increasing parent engagement and philanthropy.
- Identify, recruit and train a cohort of highly driven and motivated parents to serve as volunteers and members of the council.
- Manage all aspects of the Parent Council and any actions related to the Council’s goals set forth on an annual basis.
- Leverage the relationships of parent volunteers for fundraising and engagement purposes.
- In partnership with the Director of Annual Giving and Special Giving, develop and execute an annual giving parent solicitation strategy and calendar to drive donor participation and philanthropic support including parent-specific efforts during university/national days of giving.
- Work collaboratively with gift officers to develop appropriate strategies for parent prospect cultivation and solicitations, and serve as a resource for issues parents may encounter.
- Collaborate with Donor Relations to develop and implement meaningful stewardship strategies specific to parent donors.
- Engage, cultivate and solicit parent prospects at the leadership annual giving level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in higher education, nonprofit management, or related field.
- Experience in volunteer management.
- Experience working with parent programming in higher education.
- Experience in event planning and/or fundraising.
- Ability to develop and successfully manage relationships with a wide range of colleagues across campus.
- This position will manage the budget for parent programming.
- For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
- May require working weekends and evenings.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email email@example.com.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
To apply for this job please visit ekze.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.