Executive Director, Advancement Services
DePaul UniversityChicago, IL
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Advancement, the Executive Director for Advancement Services is responsible for planning, organizing, and executing day-to-day operations and long-term projects for four teams within Advancement and External Relations: Prospect Discovery and Research, Prospect Management, Advancement Data Systems, and Gift Processing. This individual will lead a responsive, creative, and service-oriented department that meets the information and record-keeping needs of a robust advancement operation. The Executive Director of Advancement Services will also have input into office-wide strategic decisions about allocating resources, evaluating staff, and identifying areas of opportunity to increase philanthropic support and alumni engagement.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Production and implementation of strategies for an effective and comprehensive advancement services program, supporting year-to-year advancement activities as well as a multi-year comprehensive capital campaign.
- Organization of departmental activity to deliver key information and services, recommending and prioritizing those that are most critical to ensure annual divisional goals are met.
- Development and implementation of strategic and operational planning processes involving internal and external constituencies.
- Creation and oversight of University-wide policies related to the proper use of alumni and donor information as well as gift processing protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree.
- Eight or more years of related advancement experience in higher education or equivalent in a non-profit, foundation, or civic organization.
- Ability to interact with high-level internal staff and external volunteers.
- Demonstrated ability to understand strategies and best practices pertaining to prospect discovery, prospect management, alumni and donor data systems, and gift processing.
- Demonstrated history of overseeing service units and improving customer service systems and response times.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Direct supervision of all service unit directors, including Prospect Discovery and Research, Prospect Management, Advancement Data Systems, and Gift Processing, including the implementation of effective managerial processes to achieve strategic and annual goals within the department.
- Oversees the development, evaluation, and supervision of the larger Advancement Services team.
- This position will manage the budget for advancement services departments.
- Advanced understanding of the technology and tools required to track and measure fundraising progress, with an understanding of Ellucian Advance, Tableau, and similar tools preferred.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and work effectively under time constraints.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit ekze.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.