Senior Manager, Sustainer Giving
Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans FrontièresNew York, NY
Working with the Director of Mass Audiences, your priority will be to accelerate revenue and membership growth for MSF-USA’s rapidly growing sustainer program (currently 125,000 active sustainers), driving multi-channel strategies for acquisition, retention, recapture, cultivation, and upgrading. You will play a pivotal role on a high-energy, innovative, and growing Development team. The sustainer program oversees all aspects of a sustainer’s donor journey, from acquisition to upgrades, including a 2021 revenue goal of $50,000,000. The Senior Manager for Sustainer Giving supervises the Manager, Face to Face Fundraising and works closely with channel experts on the channel strategy team (including email, website, direct response, events, and telemarketing), to jointly plan donor-centric campaigns and initiatives for sustaining donors.
- Lead strategy, testing, and implementation for the sustainer program across all channels.
- Oversee analysis. Working closely with the market research and analysis teams, and their vendors, you will lead growth strategies, test analysis, and campaign design
- Work closely with our vendor partners to and will review and establish KPI targets, budgets, and return on investment analysis. Collaborate with direct marketing agency on sustainer campaigns; work with analytics firms on program analytics & reporting; handle consultants and agencies as required
- Meet ambitious membership revenue and growth targets via omnichannel acquisition, retention, recapture and upgrading strategies. This includes scaling up existing acquisition programs and testing new online and offline techniques and channels
- Lead messaging and creative direction. You will serve as the lead face and voice of the program, directing, reviewing, and approving a revenue-driving creative approach.
- Deepen engagement. Lead efforts to improve the sustainer experience and increase engagement opportunities with multichannel strategies in mind
- Lead the sustainer staff. Manage, coach and develop staff focused on KPIs and workplans
- Participating in international meetings and knowledge sharing with other Doctors Without Borders fundraising staff throughout the organization
You must excel at both big-picture critical thinking and day-to-day execution. You are results-oriented and have a data-driven decision-making approach.You should also have:
- Experience working with sustainer monthly giving programs
- A demonstrated dedication to meeting a high bar and a history of getting things done even when encountering obstacle
- A track record of successful teamwork, developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience handling multiple projects and ability to lead staff and consultants to successful results
- Excellent analytics capabilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an ability to present and persuade
- Strong computer skills, including Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Knowledge multichannel marketing experience and nonprofit fundraising experience
- Knowledge of international relief and development organizations
- Experience with canvassing and face-to-face fundraising techniques designed to grow sustainer programs
- Experience managing teams with significant fundraising goals
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be discriminated against in any term or condition of employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist. Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee, you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment from our staff.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.doctorswithoutborders.org.