Data Coordinator, Annual Fund
Duke UniversityDurham, NC
The Data Coordinator will work in a highly integrated team environment to support data production and analysis efforts for the Annual Fund Communications team. This position will help complete the data needs of the Communications team by managing the production of data lists and reports for specific projects and constituent groups. In a given year, more than 150 databases, communication lists and performance reports are created for the purpose of soliciting unrestricted support for the University through travel, volunteers, direct mail, email and phonathon. These efforts will help to raise more than $40 million a year from more than 50,000 alumni, parents, friends and students. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Communications.
Work with internal and external staff participating in projects to establish needs/priorities of given projects. Utilize standardized communication system to coordinate various aspects and respond to inquiries about the project according to policies and procedures.
- Work with Annual Fund and University Development staff members on data requests as assigned
- Collaborate with staff in the Annual Fund, Duke Alumni Association, and other department to understand project criteria for data pulls and reports as well as communicate deadlines and answer questions as necessary
- Maintain working knowledge of existing data processes and rules and ensure they are followed across all given projects
- Maintain and update existing reports and stored procedures located on the server and shared drive
- Work with Annual Fund Data Manager to assure that all completed lists are archived for historical reference
Work with internal and external staff and print vendors to coordinate the collection, cleaning and dissemination of related data for all Annual Fund and Duke Alumni Association fundraising projects.
- Pull data, according to project priorities, and review for both accuracy of biographical information and compliance with requested inclusions/exclusions
- Utilize the AF Help ticket system to assign, update and complete data requests as needed
- Provide list for review to internal and external staff and edit list as necessary until final approval is received
- Provide vendor or appropriate party with lists and ensure that all variable data is accurate and placement is correct
- Operate annual fund reporting tools to run requested and ongoing analysis in order to monitor and address project performance; and help create reports to assess Duke Alumni Association fundraising progress
Serve as an active member of the Annual Fund staff and the Communications Team
Work with other Communications staff members to help with operating plans, quarterly reports, and mid-year analyses.
- Attend biweekly staff and Communications team meetings.
- Attend and participate in Annual Fund events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Highly proficient in using Microsoft Office Access, Excel, and Word.
- Skills in SQL, VBA and Crystal Reports are a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working both independently and as a team member.
- Exceptional ability to think strategically and analytically
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and experience handling confidential information.
- Strong initiative, creativity, and attention to detail
- High energy level, enthusiasm, and flexibility are a must.
Behavioral Competencies for this position:
- Attention to Details
- Planning, Prioritizing and Multitasking
- Decisiveness & Judgement
- Goal and Task Management
- Provide Excellent Customer Service
Additional suggested competencies for this job level:
- Curiosity and Information Seeking
- Collaboration with others
- Expresses Ideas Orally and in Writing
- Shares Knowledge
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education/Training: Bachelor’s Degree
Work requires a general knowledge of research methods, procedures and activities normally acquired through 1 year of experience in data management field required. Three years preferred. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.duke.edu.
- Next s