Director of Alumni Affairs
Eastern New Mexico UniversityPortales, NM
Under general direction plan, supervise and implement all events, programs and communications while building a global network of alumni, family and friends to support and promote the University.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement overall strategies for alumni relations within the University’s list of priorities
- Direct and coordinate the annual homecoming events and graduation receptions in cooperation with other campus stakeholders while providing direction and budget support for multiple projects
- Coordinate and manage other special events which include socials, receptions, online events, and other gatherings sponsored for alumni and potential alumni
- Assist the Alumni Board of Directors with projects and organize materials and arrangements for Alumni Board meetings
- Manage and maintain the alumni database and work in cooperation with the University’s database managers to ensure accuracy and database compatibility
- Prepare and generate reports and mailings
- Maintain the Alumni Office webpage and social media communication as it relates to ENMU alumni
- Establish and implement new online Alumni Career Resources providing tools and information (i.e., resume and cover letter writing, networking, interviewing, negotiating, career advancement, career transition and free webinars)
- Represent the alumni program at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces
- Collaborate with ENMU Foundation on events, campaigns and initiatives
- Develop annual operating budgets and provides fiscal direction to the unit
- Supervise office staff and student workers
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
A master’s degree and a minimum of two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and/or directly related experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Database management skills
- Ability to plan, design, write, and implement promotional materials and social media campaigns
- Ability to plan, organize, and facilitate a number of special events and projects with minimum supervision at a time
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Act as an intermediary between the University and the Alumni Association
- Have intense school spirit and passion to help the university is essential
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Eastern New Mexico University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. For more information regarding Title IX please click https://www.enmu.edu/about/public-documents/title-ix/coordinator . New Mexico is an open records state, therefore ENMU complies with the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2, from the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General.
To apply for this job please visit www.enmu.edu.