Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Emporia State University Foundation IncEmporia, KS
The Emporia State University Foundation (ESUF) in Emporia, Kansas is in a regional search for an Assistant Director of Annual Giving. The salary range is $37,500 to $50,000 commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement with employer match, employee and family tuition assistance, and generous paid time off policies and administrative/holiday closures. This position earns 22 paid vacation days annually, and employees are encouraged to take time away to recharge.
The Assistant Director provides strategic direction and management of a comprehensive annual giving program to achieve goals for fundraising appeals benefiting Emporia State University. The Assistant Director will report to the Director of Data Analysis and Reporting and will work closely with the Alumni Director, the Director of Advancement Communications, and the Assistant Director of Leadership Annual Giving to build a robust pipeline from alumni engagement to leadership-level annual giving. Specific duties include:
- Develop strategic plans for donor acquisition, renewal, and reactivation to build the pipeline of major gift prospects in alignment with Foundation and University strategic objectives.
- Develop and execute a solicitation calendar that effectively utilizes all forms of annual giving solicitations including telephone outreach, direct mail, e-mail, and social media / crowdfunding appeals, with a goal of increasing donor counts year-over-year.
- Plan and implement new events, projects, and resources to increase annual gifts and donor participation.
- Work collaboratively with university development officers, department heads and deans to effectively communicate the mission, goals, operating procedures and priorities of the annual giving program. Develop and administer resources and tools to facilitate and support unit-based annual solicitations. Lead the annual Campus Campaign to inspire giving by Emporia State faculty and staff.
- Advise and coordinate with the Emporia State Student Foundation to effectively promote philanthropy amongst current Emporia State students.
- Manage, motivate, and mentor student employees and alumni volunteers as appropriate
Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s plus three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferences include experience within the nonprofit or higher education environments; demonstrated success in creating and implementing a fundraising campaign; and experience with fundraising or sales technologies.
Additionally, the ideal candidate for the Assistant Director of Annual Giving role will be a creative thinker and a skilled project manager who can both set vision and execute strategy effectively. The successful candidate will take initiative and work well independently, but will also possess strong interpersonal communication skills and will thrive in a collaborative environment. A passion for Emporia State University’s mission and a commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) efforts are essential.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter addressing their interest and qualifications for the position to Aileen Miller by uploading to https://bit.ly/3CZTOiG. Background check and official transcripts will be required prior to hire. Review of application materials will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Emporia State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other factors which cannot be considered by law.
To apply for this job please visit sites.google.com.