Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Fenwick High SchoolOak Park, IL
Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving and Development Operations, this gift officer will work collaboratively with the V.P. for Institutional Advancement and other members of the advancement team to create, manage and implement a successful annual giving program, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors. The Assistant Director of Annual Giving coordinates and manages projects within annual giving and institutional advancement overall, including alumni relations, events, marketing and donor stewardship.
- Working with the Director of Annual Giving and Development Operations, develop and implement overall strategy for unrestricted annual giving. Participate in the strategic planning of Fenwick Fund appeals. Devise and implement projects to increase the engagement, participation and stewardship of the Fenwick Fund. Establish and build relationships with constituents by providing personalized service and timely responses to requests. Act as the primary Annual Fund gift officer.
- Identify and qualify prospects for Annual Fund gifts by managing a 500+ person Gravyty portfolio.
- Explore and recommend enhanced stewardship initiatives for segmented donors. Plan and execute an annual stewardship program, including an annual student thank-a-thon, donor impact statements, and the use of ThankView and other platforms.
- Working with the Special Events Manager and appropriate affiliate groups, help to plan, provide administrative and “physical” support for, and execute events such as the Blackfriars Gala, Grandparents Day, the Mass of Remembrance, Life Trustees evening, and other events.
- Collaborating with the Special Events Manager and Director of Alumni Relations, assist with the implementation and execution of alumni and affiliate group activities, including but not limited to reunions, golf outings, auctions, Fenwick Bar Association, Fenwick Young Alumni Association or Fenwick Business Council events, individual class events and activities.
- As requested, work collaboratively with the Special Events Manager, Director of Alumni Relations and Marketing Communications to create marketing material and/or invitations and other communications for events, affiliate groups and alumni functions.
- Act as primary back-up point of contact for the Special Events Manager and the Director of Alumni Relations.
- In collaboration with the Donor Relations Administrator, provide database administrative support, including but not limited to the following: gift entry, gift receipt and acknowledgement, event administration, revising or deleting constituent biographical data, posting and reconciling with the business office. Act as secondary back-up for the Director of Annual Giving and Development Operations and the Database Administrator for database administrative functions.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Annual Giving and Development Operations and/or the V.P. for Institutional Advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-5 years of experience working in the non-profit sector in an advancement/development role, preferably in a private school environment
- Blackbaud Raisers Edge experience required, RE NXT Certified preferred
- Proficiency in Google Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility are a must
- Experience with the following platforms is helpful: Gravyty, ThankView, GiveButter, Omatic, BirdEase (or other golf event registration), Event.Gives, WealthEngine
- Strong customer service disposition and attitude
- Sense of humor a must
- Collaboration and team orientation are a must
To apply for this job please visit www.fenwickfriars.com.