Director of Advancement and Major Gifts
Finlandia UniversityHancock, MI
Position Summary: Finlandia University is seeking an ambitious and energetic professional in higher education fundraising. The Director will report to and partner with the President to implement Finlandia’s fundraising strategies and to achieve yearly goals. Core qualities and competencies expected include an informed and matured enthusiasm for the vision and mission of Finlandia University, exceptional drive and energy, ease with gift solicitation, a persistently collaborative orientation in all planning, and superior interpersonal skills.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of 4 years of proven effectiveness and progressive professional development in fundraising.
- Ability to travel frequently and occasionally work evenings or weekends.
- Able and comfortable working with all levels of fundraising activity including donor research, discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Outstanding people, presentation, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- A Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated progressive professional development in higher education fundraising.
- Proficiency in social media platforms.
- Grant-writing experience.
- Together with the President, lead Finlandia’s efforts toward a successful completion of Finlandia’s $25,000,000 Rise Together initiative.
- Build and implement strategies for growing Finlandia’s capacity for donor research and discovery.
- Carry a personal caseload of 100 top prospects.
- Write, present, and successfully close on proposals at the $25,000-plus level.
- Develop strong relationships with other departments to maximize fundraising opportunities across campus.
- Generate and manage budgets.
- Serve as the university’s lead voice to the Board of Trustees on all matters related to advancement.
- Support institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University “as a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service”
To apply for this job please visit www.finlandia.edu.