Director, Corporate & Foundation Development
Florida State University FoundationTallahassee, FL
The Foundation Director of Corporate and Foundation Development is responsible for maximizing philanthropic support from corporations and foundations in support of fundraising goals and objectives. The Director will lead a fundraising team, and will develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for managing corporate and foundation prospects and solicitation of major/principal gifts. As a key member of the Central Development team, the Director plays a significant role in the Foundation’s short-term and long-range plan to build and strengthen core fundraising services and activities.
Corporate and Foundation Development Management:
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive fundraising annual and long-term plan to maximize philanthropic support from corporations and foundations.
- Establish goals, monitor progress and manage a CFD fundraising team of 3 development officers and administrative support.
- Work closely with internal partners, deans, other university leadership, development officers, faculty and staff to identify key fundraising objectives and priorities, to develop effective fundraising strategy.
- Work closely with external partners, volunteers and trustees, to identify key connections and to increase corporate and foundation philanthropy awareness and engagement.
- Work closely with the Director of Research and Prospect Management to identify potential corporate and foundation contacts and prospects to strengthen partnerships and build new relationships.
Internal Relationship Management:
- Proactively engage deans, other university leadership, and development officers, as appropriate, to ensure an ongoing dialogue regarding corporate and foundation development in support of fundraising objectives and priorities.
- Work closely with the University Vice President for Research to assure that the Office of Research is aware of corporate and foundation donors to the FSU Foundation whose philanthropy may impact the Office of Research, and to collaborate on opportunities which may engage the FSU Foundation and the Office of Research.
- Work closely with development officers to provide guidance in effective corporate and foundation development, and provide consistent and collaborative communication.
- Develops opportunities to provide individualized and/or group training on the work of corporation and foundation development.
- Serve as an effective leader and coach of the CFD staff to ensure success in meeting priorities and goals.
Portfolio Management & Other:
- Proactively manage a portfolio consisting of donors and prospects in pursuit of obtaining corporate and foundation philanthropic support.
- Personally cultivate and solicit corporate and foundation prospects in collaboration with volunteers, deans, other university leadership, development officers and faculty members.
- Keep apprised of trends and best practices for corporate and foundation development.
- Effectively communicate organization’s mission and represent the organization’s culture to external stakeholders.
- Document activity within the FSU’s Foundation’s database.
- Protect confidential information.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and six years of experience related to advancement; or a high school diploma/equivalent and experience in the same equal to ten years.
(Note: post-high school education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team.
- Commitment to best practices of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Detail-oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines and goals.
- Excellent communication skills to include effective and persuasive writing, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate strong communications with colleagues, donors, prospective donors and alumni.
- Ability to maintain consistent and positive communication with the Foundation and internal campus partners.
- A self-starter, comfortable working independently while working well in a team oriented environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously and accurately in a detail-oriented environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work flexible hours including evenings and weekends, as required.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office products suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word), or equivalent software.
- Advanced degree.
- Professional demeanor with a teamwork approach and a can-do, assertive philosophy.
- Experience with Black Baud’s CRM Platform or other fundraising information management systems/databases.
- Experience securing charitable support from corporations and foundations.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.omni.fsu.edu.