Fordham Fund Officer
Fordham UniversityNew York, NY
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution located in New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 16,000 undergraduate and graduate students in its 9 Colleges and Schools.
The Fordham Fund Officer is part of a dynamic and high-energy team of ten development professionals working in a collaborative environment within the centralized Department of Development and University Relations (DAUR) at Fordham University. DAUR works with the deans of the undergraduate/graduate schools and colleges to execute the University’s campaign goals by cultivating relationships with the University’s broad array of parents and alumni, securing new donors while retaining existing supporters. The Fordham Fund team collaborates with the alumni relations and the marketing and communication teams to carry out DAUR’s objectives.
Reporting to the Director of the Fordham Fund, the Fordham Fund Officer supports the Fordham Fund team to reach its annual goals, particularly in the areas of young alumni and student giving, crowdfunding and peer-to-peer fundraising. The Fordham Fund Officer assists the Director of the Fordham Fund in administrative tasks to ensure the Fordham Fund Team is operating in a productive manner.
- (25% of time): Helps the Fordham Fund team to develop and maintain effective Young Alumni and Student giving strategies, with particular emphasis on young alumni participation in giving, Senior Class Gift and the Student Philanthropy Committee.
- (25% of time): Supports the Family Engagement team in their work cultivating and stewarding Fordham parents.
- (20% of time): Works with team to develop and maintain effective peer-to-peer fundraising programs and to oversee crowdfunding projects.
- (10% of time): Like other members of the Fordham Fund team, takes responsibility for specific classes for the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campus reunion programs.
- (10% of time): Becomes a valued team expert on the various data systems that underlie the Fordham development effort. Assists others on the team better utilize the tools at hand and, when necessary, helps them get the information they need.
- (10% of time): Interacts with alumni, parents and friends who need special personal attention, answering questions, addressing complaints or taking gifts directly over the phone. Assists where needed, in reunions and important university-wide special events and performs other duties as assigned (or implements new ideas as approved) that will enhance the mission and goals of the Office of Development and University Relations.
- Some evening and weekend work.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of experience working with volunteer leadership, event planning and either fundraising or sales.
- Familiarity with the vehicles of giving (direct mail, phone, email and crowdfunding) and possess the interpersonal skills and confidence necessary to engage in face-to-face solicitations.
- Enthusiastic and creative.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Team player, able to work collaboratively with colleagues within Development and University Relations and the University at large.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in an academic environment or volunteer work.
- Acquaintance with complex organizations and/or universities.
- Fluency with computerized development databases.
FLSA Category: Exempt
Start Date: ASAP
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
To apply for this job please visit careers.fordham.edu.