Assistant Director, Annual Giving
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research CenterSeattle, WA
Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Assistant Director, Annual Giving (Direct Response Fundraising) serves on the Annual Giving team as part of the Philanthropy department, reports to the Executive Director, Annual Giving, and manages one full-time staff member in addition to external consultants. The Assistant Director will be responsible for oversight of Fred Hutch’s direct response fundraising program. Some travel, weekend and evening work may be required.
- Partners with the Executive Director, Annual Giving as well as external vendors in developing strategies and tactics for a sophisticated, omni-channel direct response fundraising program (direct mail, rental list acquisition, email, digital advertising, social marketing, stewardship)
- Leads the operational execution of all direct response campaigns (digital and print)
- Collaborates with internal teams on digital best practices, serves as thought-leader and provides industry experience
- Works as liaison with vendors and internal stakeholders to produce best-in-class creative elements
- Collaborates closely with writers on the Donor Communications team to ensure all direct response pieces persuasively articulate the mission and goals of Fred Hutch, and translate complex science and research priorities to inspire philanthropy
- Responsible for establishing and implementing new procedures and processes when needed
- Actively partners with the Communications & Marketing team and Advancement Services team on strategy, execution and analysis of projects
- Ensures strategic coordination with Assistant Director who oversees Grassroots Fundraising efforts
- Provides monthly reporting and analysis of direct response programs to Executive Director, Annual Giving
- Supervises the workload and day-to-day activities of the Annual Giving Project Coordinator supporting Direct Response Fundraising
- Completes ad-hoc projects and assignments as assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working for a direct response agency with nonprofit clients on fundraising strategies or managing an agency relationship for a large nonprofit required
- Strong understanding of offline and online marketing best practices: thorough grasp of tools used in direct marketing communications, fundraising, channel integration, analysis, business process, and project management
- Deep knowledge of digital landscape and tools as it relates to fundraising
- Proven track record of increasing revenue and expanding constituencies
- Project management experience required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- CRM knowledge (equivalent to Raiser’s Edge/NXT)
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Ability to articulate, compellingly, the mission and vision of the organization
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues
- Ability to build consensus across departments
- 8 years of experience in fundraising, nonprofit, or related field
- Familiarity with Luminate Online and its capabilities
- Knowledge of web development project management processes/best practices a plus
- Superior ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to understand extremely complex verbal or written instructions
- Innate sense of urgency combined with self-motivation
- Intellectual depth, integrity, vision, creativity, and a sense of humor
- Highly developed organization and information management skills
- Strong attention to high level of detail and quality of work
- Ability to organize and establish objectives and priorities in a fast-paced, complex organizational environment
- Skill in training and managing the work of others
Fred Hutch has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement, with exceptions only for approved medical or religious accommodations.
As a condition of employment, newly hired employees must provide proof of vaccination or initiate the accommodations process before their first day of employment.
A statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch is requested of all finalists.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.
To apply for this job please visit careers-fhcrc.icims.com.