Assistant Director of Annual Giving, Young Alumni
Furman UniversityGreenville, SC
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving – Young Alumni will assist the university in reaching its alumni participation and annual giving dollar goals through soliciting gifts from Young Alumni (Graduates within the last 15 years). The primary objective of this program is to increase the number of Young Alumni who give annually and encourage continuous engagement with Furman University. The goal is to cultivate prospects among alumni of the University through various meetings, events and solicitations. Solicitation activities
primarily focused on personal meetings, and individualized communication strategies to reach the target audience. Develop and implement strategies and processes. Develop analytical reporting to assist in the implementation of improved segmentation of solicitations.
Solicitation of Annual Gifts-
- Solicit annual gifts of any size by meeting with Young Alumni and alumni in reunion years.
- Create strategic methods of outreach to initiate meetings and monthly follow up to ensure engagement and gifts.
- Aim to increase young alumni and reunion participation based on established annual goals. Work with Director of Annual Giving and Leadership Giving team to manage appropriate donor handoffs.
- Manage and implement annual giving strategies for alumni within their first 15 years post-graduation.
- Oversee the giving programs and work in partnership with the alumni office and leadership giving team to increase young alumni giving participation.
- Work with the Director of Annual Giving to create a communication strategy across all communication channels geared toward Young Alumni.
- Document contacts and proposals in Raisers Edge to ensure accurate and timely follow-up.
- Represent Furman University at various local and regional events to meet alumni, build relationships, and raise funds.
- Serve as key point of contact with the Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement for reunion giving strategies and work with annual giving team to develop and implement solicitation strategies for alumni in reunions.
- Collaborate with other members of Annual Giving team and Donor Relations team to create and implement a comprehensive young alumni and Young Benefactors engagement strategy to increase donor retention and donor satisfaction based on established annual goals.
- Work with the other Annual Giving team members to establish a communication plan to engage young alumni.
- Establish a communication strategy for social media, mobile, email and direct mail to further cultivate donors.
- Forge relationships with colleagues at other institutions and organizations in an effort to learn best practices in the industry.
- Participate in at least one professional development program each year, if appropriate, in an effort to improve job skills and acquire broader knowledge of fundraising techniques used at other colleges and universities.
- Utilize dashboard tools in Raisers Edge to efficiently plan and conduct portfolio work.
- Complete performance review process with supervisor to understand performance expectations and how they fit into the department and university goals.
- Utilize online reporting to manage budget.
- Use travel resources efficiently to maximize donor meetings with top prospects for the purpose obtaining and increasing individual gifts, cultivating relationships, and meeting fundraising goals with regard to alumni participation and pipeline development.
Other Responsibilities –
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- The intent of this job classification description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions in this classification and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.
- Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically present in this description.
Furman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty and staff. The University aspires to create a community of people representing a multiplicity of identities including gender, race, religion, spiritual belief, sexual orientation, geographic origin, socioeconomic background, ideology, world view, and varied abilities. Domestic partners of employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits.
To apply for this job please visit furman.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.