Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Georgia State UniversityAtlanta, GA
Reporting to the Executive Director of Donor Engagement and Communications, the Assistant Director of Annual Giving focuses on engaging and soliciting leadership annual giving prospects for all colleges and units at Georgia State University. Using a variety of outreach methods including phone calls, texting, social media, video messaging and conferencing, emails, and some face-to-face interactions, the Assistant Director provides information to the donor that deepens their understanding and connection to the university as well as solicits them for annual gifts. The two primary goals of this position are to assist with donor pipeline development and identify major gift leads for development officers.
The mission of Donor Engagement and Communications is to create a philanthropic culture that will lead to increased charitable support for Georgia State University and its students, faculty, and staff. The Assistant Director is part of a team that works toward building a donor base that moves potential prospects into leadership gift levels.
- Manage a portfolio of roughly 1,000 current, lapsed, and prospective leadership annual giving donors. Cultivate relationships with these donors via phone, email, texting, LinkedIn, mail, Zoom, ThankView, local in-person, and other industry communication tactics.
- Solicit donors to make new gifts, renew, or upgrade. Close gifts from the $1,000 to $10,000 range with most of the focus on the $1,000 – $2,500 level. Appropriately steward closed gifts.
- Promote philanthropic opportunities, such as university and college giving priorities, crowdfunding projects, and Georgia State Day.
- Work with Prospect Management and Research to update, adjust, and maintain portfolio.
- Partner with the advancement staff in the colleges and units to strategically move donors up to major gifts levels. Actively hand-off prospects to major gift officers in accordance with the donor’s interests, capacity, and propensity.
- Responsible for effective prospect tracking, record keeping, and reporting aligned with the metrics and reporting guidelines from University Advancement.
- Research industry standards, trends, and breakthroughs; implement best
Bachelor’s Degree and one year of related experience, or a combination of education and related experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with campaign and/or leadership annual gift experience.
- Knowledge of the Blackbaud application software Raiser’s Edge/NXT or Salesforce.
To apply for this job please visit gsu.taleo.net.