Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Guilford CollegeGreensboro, NC
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Alumni & Constituent Relations and the Vice President for Advancement (dotted reporting line) the Assistant Director of Annual Giving is a full-time staff member in the Advancement Division responsible for creating and implementing programs that support Guilford College’s Annual Fund under the direction of The assistant director will work to increase participation and giving through efforts including direct mail, e-appeals, phone calls, website management, email marketing, crowdfunding, social media and an employee giving program. The position requires strong organizational skills, exceptional writing skills with the ability to craft an engaging message, strong interpersonal skills and alignment with Guilford College’s Core Values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and implement the program’s fiscal year plan while coordinating efforts with other departments in the Advancement Division as well as other strategic partners on campus.
- Generate and design all content for Annual Giving communications including solicitation and stewardship pieces.
- Oversee design, printing, and mailing of all created Annual Giving communications to ensure a robust year-round annual fund schedule.
- Create and sustain a calendar of Annual Funds communications within the overall Advancement Communications calendar.
- Work with the Advancement Operations team to prepare and coordinate all data for communications.
- Maintain giving pages on giving.guilford.edu and manage all giving forms.
- Plan and execute two giving days per year — Giving Tuesday (fall) and Day for Guilford (spring).
- Incorporate and promote the Graduate Brick Walk program.
- In coordination with the establishment of a Student Alumni Association by Alumni & Parent Engagement, create and implement a student philanthropy program; coordinate with students to accomplish a senior gift each year.
- Collaborate with Advancement Services to create analysis and reports for all appeals and annual fund activities as well as overall Annual Giving results on a regular basis.
- Recruit and supervise Annual Giving volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising
- Experience with CRM and CEM systems, especially Raiser’s Edge and Anthology (formerly iModules).
- Experience with web management and graphic design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience creating and managing a direct mail program
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, high-pressure, and constantly changing environment
- Commitment to Guilford College Core Values
- Master’s degree or CFRE certification
- Previous experience in higher education fundraising environment
- Previous direct experience with annual funds
- Volunteer management experience
Hiring Range: Grade 7 ($39,169 – $50,136 Annually) Depending on Qualifications
Reports to: Associate Vice President for Alumni & Constituent Relations
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Some weekends and nights when necessary
Guilford College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.
To apply for this job please visit guilford.peopleadmin.com.