Associate Director of Annual Giving
Haverford CollegeHaverford, PA
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time, exempt, benefit eligible Associate Director of Annual Giving. The Associate Director, Annual Giving plays a primary role in managing crowdfunding/fundraising activities by developing and executing comprehensive plans for special projects, affinity groups, and Friends of Haverford Athletics.
Additionally, the Associate Director will manage a prospect portfolio while managing a cohort of fundraising volunteers (giving advocates), including the 5th, 10th, and 15th reunion class giving efforts.
Essential Functions & Primary Responsibilities:
Special Project Fundraising (crowdfunding)
Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for Friends of Haverford Athletics, working in close partnership with the Alumni and Parent Relations’ athletics engagement liaison. Plan, manage, and execute comprehensive digital fundraising campaigns as they relate to Friends of Haverford Athletics, established affinity groups, young alumni, and other special cohorts/projects. Oversee the GiveCampus Social Fundraising Platform (SFP) that raises up to $250,000 annually. Lead social media advertising efforts, as appropriate and in partnership with the Jill Sherman Fellow, for SFP campaigns. Partner the Annual Giving team, the Alumni and Parent Relations team, and College Communications to ensure all components for campaigns are prepared, including video, volunteer resources, print materials, etc. to ensure each campaign’s success.
Maintain, categorize, administer, and actively manage a prospect pool of approximately 200 alumni, parents, and friends of Haverford College.
The majority of prospects live and/or work on the East Coast, between Boston and Washington, D.C.
Secure a minimum of 40-50 meetings per year, with goals established annually with the Director of Annual Giving.
Qualify and prepare solicitation strategies for identified prospects (primarily rated between $250 and $49,999). Solicit and secure leadership level commitments from these prospects and in certain situations (in consultation with the AVP of Individual Giving) solicit and secure Major and/or Planned Gifts and help identify new members of the Jacob Jones Society. Work closely with the Prospect Research team and other members of IA to manage identified prospects and to recognize, identify, and introduce new prospects into the donor pipeline. Work collaboratively with the Director of Donor Relations on prospect follow-up, Letter of Intent creation, and acknowledgement of gift commitments.
Recruit and manage Giving Advocates from the 5th reunion through the 19th year, including the 10th and 15th reunions. Partner with Alumni and Parent Relations (APR) to define fundraising roles within established affinity groups, including Friends of Haverford Athletics volunteers. Collaborate with APR on the 5th, 10th, and 15th reunion committees to ensure that established fundraising goals are achieved. Provide updates to volunteers to enhance their efforts and to ensure they are effective in collaboration with the Assoc. Dir., Annual Giving. Appropriately thank and steward volunteers for their work.
Other responsibilities as assigned, in accordance with goals of Institutional Advancement.
Line of Report: This position reports to the Director of Annual Giving. There are no direct reports to this position.
Education, Training, & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Two to three years of development experience and/or direct solicitation experience required.
- Understanding of Annual Giving and Athletics Fundraising programs preferred.
- Ability to discuss the importance of philanthropy in higher education and the global community.
- Travel required (including overnights) and possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license required.
- Late night and weekend work required.
- Familiarity with a liberal arts setting, as well as Haverford’s mission and priorities is favored.
- Must be able to think strategically and be deadline driven.
- Must be able to handle confidential materials and situations with sensitivity and discretion.
- Must be able to carry out multiple activities/projects concurrently.
- This position will be required to perform both evening and weekend work. Occasional travel for events may be needed
- Possession of a valid U.S. drivers’ license, and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check are required
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Never
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Never
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Never
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Never
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or outward away from body): Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): Up to three hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): three to six hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Never
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Never
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): Never
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): Up to three hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): Never
Interested candidates should complete an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references by visiting https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Associate-Director-of-Annual-Giving–Young-Alumni-Liaison_R150. The application deadline is Friday, June 7, 2019. Failure to provide the required documents may result in lack of consideration. Haverford College does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
To apply for this job please visit haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.
- Next s